Anyone looking for a Hobie 16 tramp?

  • BarryM
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 1, 2009
      Made my cat into a tri and also am converting it to a cockpit style vessel because of a back problem, so the tramp came off. Teal mesh. It's still in great shape, it's a Hobie made replacement, lines good too.
    • dstgean
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 2, 2009
        Pictures! We need pictures!

        Dan

        --- In beachcats@yahoogroups.com, "BarryM" <barrymay@...> wrote:

        > Made my cat into a tri and also am converting it to a cockpit style vessel because of a back problem, so the tramp came off.
      • Buzz
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 2, 2009
          Barry, any pictures of your new trimaran?
          Buzz

          BarryM wrote:

          > Made my cat into a tri and also am converting it to a cockpit style
          > vessel because of a back problem, so the tramp came off. Teal mesh.
          > It's still in great shape, it's a Hobie made replacement, lines good too.

        • Jim Casto
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 3, 2009
            We definitely need to see pictures of this Hobie tramp.  Although I prefer NACRA tramps, perhaps your pictures will convince me that the shape, size & condition of your tramp will fit my lifestyle.  And of course I must consider the behavior of your tramp - is she truly a tramp, or only a tramp under certain conditions, such as when her friends are not there?  I need a tramp for all seasons, and all conditions.  Not just a fair weather tramp.  Is she a tramp in public -and- private, or just in public?  It's no good if all my friends see me receiving tramp-like behavior in public, yet when we retreat to my reagtta camping spot, this tramp turns into princess sparkle fairy or something, and I do not receive the special benefits of said tramp.
            And, please send measurements.

            Jim Casto

            Re: Anyone looking for a Hobie 16 tramp?
            Posted by: "dstgean" dstgean@...   dstgean
            Wed Dec 2, 2009 6:00 am (PST)

            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 3, 2009
              My brother and I took it out for trials in June, on Kingsley Lake. It sailed closer to the wind than the cat, and when a storm approached, we sailed downwind to the boat ramp at a good rate of speed. It felt nice and solid and stable at highs speed but the helm didn't want to answer when I turned toward the dock, I had to depower to turn. I'll post one pic on the lake and one on the trailer. I've got 4 aluminum benches and decking and am in the process of fabbing up the cockpit.

              Got a buyer already for the tramp.