Launch points at Port Aransas Texas

  • Steve
    Message 1 of 41 , Oct 1, 2009
      I'm picking up my first beachcat tomorrow and will be heading down to the Texas coast (Port Aransas area) next weekend. I'm looking to find a good boat ramp to launch from since I don't have any beach wheels and I've never sailed in the surf. I'm thinking of the Bay behind Mustang Island. I'll be staying at Port Royal. Anyone have any suggestions?
      Thanks,
      Steve
    • Buzz
      Message 41 of 41 , Oct 12, 2009
        I usually wear two Capilene shirts under my drysuit. short sleeve first
        and then a long sleeve on top. For pants I wear shorts or if it is a
        little colder I wear some water wicking long pants. Keep in mind I sail
        in So Cal so it is never really cold here.
        Buzz