The BadaBing sails!

  • Bill
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 1, 2008
      just a quickie, we rigged and launched the BadaBing for the first sail
      of the season this afternoon. After taking out time to set her back up
      we took her for a blast across the aby and back. By then it was dinner
      time so after changinging into some dry cloths we had a quick bite then
      took UnchainedMelody out for a sundown sail. June 1 and we already have
      3 sailing days in the log and on this one with 2 boats. Could be the
      start of a GREAT summer.

      Bill
    • catflyer2003
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 2, 2008
        Bill, It does my heart good to read about this! I'm hoping to get my
        17 out this season... I do have a good repair/work crew available, so
        it's promissing.Wishing you and K all the best, Brian Mc
      • singingcowboy63
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 3, 2008
          Brian,

          Nice hear you are still at it, but sorry it sounds like you have not
          had the hulls in the water yet this season. We have had a cool (okay
          cold) start to the year, but full wetsuits and brief openings in the
          weather have allowed us to get several days out on on Lake Pepin.

          Some of my fondest sailing memories continue to be with you all out on
          Buzzards Bay or heading out to Block Island with Fleet 448.

          My best to all,

          Reb
          Hobie 18SX (slightly modified with a Sq top Main and chute)
          Hobie Fleet 444
          Minneapolis, MN

          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 4, 2008
            Reb, Thanks! We miss you too! Wish you were going to be in New Bedford
            Saturdaay. Rick Bliss has about 25 people coming to a learn to sail
            day, and so far I think they have 12 boats. I've known for about a
            month I'd be working, but hate to miss it! These events really
            help "grow our sport". Sounds like many of Rick's volunteers have
            canceled. Glad you're getting an early start to your season! I'll
            probably hitch a ride or two this month, and hope to have "Blessing" in
            the water in JUly. All the best, Brian