Re: Hobie 17 mast questions

  • Lee
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 2, 2008
      I have a H17 for sale if you're interested. We may be able to
      coordinate meeting for delivery.

      Lee
      Houston

      --- In beachcats@yahoogroups.com, "graycat4321" <graycat4321@...>
      wrote:

      > I am looking for a Hobie 17 and finally found one within 500 miles of
      > Philadelphia PA, but it has a damaged mast. Finding a used H17 mast
      > within a reasonable distance may be difficult.
      >
      > Does anyone know if the mast from a H16 or H18 uses the same
      > extrusion? Is the base the same? In other words - can I cut down some
      > other mast and put the H17 comptip on it.
      >
      > Do the CompTip masts perform better, or is this just a safety issue?
      > Would I be better off with an all aluminum mast?
      >
      > - Thanks

    • Michael Love
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 3, 2008
        Hi Lee -

        I'm still looking for a boat to race. With you in Oxnard CA and me in
        Philadelphia PA - where do you suggest we meet? What have you got,
        Sport or SE? trailer? year? price?

        Michael Love

      • HobieCatSailor@aol.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 3, 2008
          I'll bet he'll drive all the way to Texas if you'll meet him there <Grin>

        • Michael Love
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 13, 2008
            Many thanks to the all members of this forum who assisted me in
            finding a Hobie 17. The boat is far from perfect, but the hulls are
            solid, the sail is ok,the rudders are EPO, and the price was right.

            Thanks to all