Re: [beachcats] Re: Oxen Maintenance

  • newdlhead@aol.com
    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 31, 2007
      Pretty Darn Funny;
      "Borken" or "b0rken" can also be internet slang for "broken," often referring
      to a computer program or a feature of a program that is not working as
      expected. It can also be used in the context of CCGs and miniature figurine games to
      refer to a card or miniature which is too powerful or easily exploited.

      In a message dated 10/31/2007 2:59:30 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
      HobieCatSailor@... writes:

      > Maybe you should pull a little maintenance on your speel checker <Grin>
      > Just kidding with ya, your writings were EXCELLENT.
      >
      > In a message dated 10/31/2007 12:55:41 P.M. Mountain Daylight Time,
      > jonathan@... writes:
      >
      > but dismantling the inner
      > hub without actually needing to fix something that's borken would be
      > hard for me to justify.

    • Victor the Cleaner
      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 1 6:35 AM
        "newdlhead@..." hastily clarified:

        > Pretty Darn Funny;
        > "Borken" or "b0rken" can also be internet slang for "broken," often
        > referring to a computer program or a feature of a program that is not
        > working as expected. It can also be used in the context of CCGs and
        > miniature figurine games to refer to a card or miniature which is too
        > powerful or easily exploited.
        >
        >> Maybe you should pull a little maintenance on your speel checker <Grin>
        >> Just kidding with ya, your writings were EXCELLENT.
        >>
        >>> but dismantling the inner hub without actually needing to fix
        >>> something that's borken would be hard for me to justify.

        newdlhead, you got it right. I never use spellcheckers; the borken/broken
        switch is something my former business partner (he's the software engineer -
        I design hardware) got into the habit of years ago.

        Here's some fun:

        If you rely on spellcheckers, keep in mind that this little bit of doggerel
        *passes* (for the record, Microsoft Word flagged "O'er" and "cheque";
        Claris flagged just "cheque").

        --------

        An Owed to the Spelling Checker
        by Jerry Zar, Dean of the Graduate School Northwestern Illinois University

        I have a spelling checker
        It came with my PC
        It plane lee marks four my revue
        Miss steaks aye can knot sea.