Our New Baby

  • tamishel
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 1, 2006
      Well, it's Jay's new baby...

      Dennis Palin's excellently crafted Category I 18 Square, "Carbonated
      Wood." So much for me givin' Jay horizon jobs...

      http://tinyurl.com/k8su5
    • Buzz
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 1, 2006
        Nice boat, the bottoms look unmarked. Is this some kind of special
        trailer to carry the boat unside down?
        Congrats to Jay!
        Buzz

        tamishel wrote:

        > Well, it's Jay's new baby...
        >
        > Dennis Palin's excellently crafted Category I 18 Square, "Carbonated
        > Wood." So much for me givin' Jay horizon jobs...
        >
        > http://tinyurl.com/k8su5 <http://tinyurl.com/k8su5>

      • Damon
        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 1, 2006
          Pretty cool! Is that a giant curved main traveler? Where does it
          attach, looks like it would either cover the rear of the tramp or hang
          out behind the boat?

          Damon Linkous
          http://www.TheBeachcats.com

          > Dennis Palin's excellently crafted Category I 18 Square, "Carbonated
          > Wood." So much for me givin' Jay horizon jobs...
          >
          > http://tinyurl.com/k8su5
          >

          > Group Home
          > http://www.TheBeachcats.com
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Doug Snell
          Message 4 of 12 , Sep 1, 2006
            Damon:

            That is the traveler. This boat is VERY fast. Dennis got mostly all bullets
            in just about every race he entered that I sailed in. Of course a lot has to
            do with Dennis, but the boat is still VERY fast.

            Doug

            > Dennis Palin's excellently crafted Category I 18 Square, "Carbonated
            > Wood." So much for me givin' Jay horizon jobs...
            >
            > http://tinyurl.com/k8su5
            >

            > Group Home
            > http://www.TheBeachcats.com
            >

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Glenn Brown
            Message 5 of 12 , Sep 2, 2006
              > "Carbonated Wood."

              BEAUTIFUL.

              --Glenn
            • tamishel
              Message 6 of 12 , Sep 2, 2006
                --- In beachcats@yahoogroups.com, Buzz <buzz4@...> wrote:

                > Nice boat, the bottoms look unmarked. Is this some kind of special
                > trailer to carry the boat unside down?
                > Congrats to Jay!

                Bottoms are virtually unmarked. You DO NOT run this one up on a beach,
                she's just too nice.

                The trailer is a basic cat trailer less the crossbars, with wood
                framework and plywood deck. Boat is bolted to that.

                Phill Brander's website used to have pix of Palin fabricating this
                boat. I'll have to go see if I can find them. It's really fascinating,
                the way Palin did the job.

                sea ya
                tami
              • tamishel
                Message 7 of 12 , Sep 2, 2006
                  --- In beachcats@yahoogroups.com, "Damon" <damon@...> wrote:

                  > Pretty cool! Is that a giant curved main traveler? Where does it
                  > attach, looks like it would either cover the rear of the tramp or
                  hang
                  > out behind the boat?

                  No, it's attached to the crossbeam. I guess it hangs a bit over the
                  rear tramp, and comes out over the hulls. She is 12' beam.

                  You'll see her in action at Juana's....
                  sea ya
                  tami
                • tamishel
                  Message 8 of 12 , Sep 2, 2006
                    --- In beachcats@yahoogroups.com, Glenn Brown <gbrown@...> wrote:

                    > > "Carbonated Wood."
                    >
                    > BEAUTIFUL.

                    Thanks. -Jay and tami
                  • Jack Hoying
                    Message 9 of 12 , Sep 2, 2006
                      Looks great Tami. Will you have to clear some trees to find more
                      parking places for your fleet?
                      Jack

                      --- In beachcats@yahoogroups.com, "tamishel" <tamishel@...> wrote:

                      > Well, it's Jay's new baby...
                      >
                      > Dennis Palin's excellently crafted Category I 18 Square, "Carbonated
                      > Wood." So much for me givin' Jay horizon jobs...
                      >
                      > http://tinyurl.com/k8su5

                    • catflyer2003
                      Message 10 of 12 , Sep 2, 2006
                        Tami, She certainly is a beauty! I hope you'll post some pics of
                        Jay sailin, and get him to write a review/report! Brian--- In
                        beachcats@yahoogroups.com, "tamishel" <tamishel@...> wrote:

                        > Well, it's Jay's new baby...
                        >
                        > Dennis Palin's excellently crafted Category I 18 Square, "Carbonated
                        > Wood." So much for me givin' Jay horizon jobs...
                        >
                        > http://tinyurl.com/k8su5

                      • hobiegary
                        Message 11 of 12 , Sep 3, 2006
                          I am jealous. Nice!! Really carbonates the wood.

                          GARY

                          --- In beachcats@yahoogroups.com, "tamishel" <tamishel@...> wrote:

                          > Well, it's Jay's new baby...
                          >
                          > Dennis Palin's excellently crafted Category I 18 Square, "Carbonated
                          > Wood." So much for me givin' Jay horizon jobs...
                          >
                          > http://tinyurl.com/k8su5

                        • tamishel
                          Message 12 of 12 , Sep 5, 2006
                            --- In beachcats@yahoogroups.com, "Jack Hoying" <jmhoying@...> wrote:

                            > Looks great Tami. Will you have to clear some trees to find more
                            > parking places for your fleet?
                            > Jack

                            Naw, thass what a hurricane is for.