Re: please help!!!!!!!!!!

  • gevoniuk
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1, 2005
      Welcome back to beach cat sailing! And your name is....?

      If you don't have one, suggest you download the P16 owners manual at
      http://www.performancecat.com/manuals/Prindle151618Manual.pdf

      I could probably meet up with you sometime and go over your boat with
      you to help determine what you need to get back on the water.
      However you should know that, while I am experienced at sailing a
      number of different types and own a Hobie 16, I have never sailed a
      P16. There are some other locals (mostly connected with the NC State
      sailing club, I think) who may have better firsthand knowledge of
      your boat. If there are specific questions related, this list has a
      lot of expertise and is a good place to ask. Also, TheBeachcats.com
      (maintained by Damon who also runs this list) has a classified ads
      section which may be useful for obtaining parts - and there are a
      couple of other sources (e.g. Murrays Marine) for parts.

      If you want to try to meet up sometime contact me off list at:
      gee19685 at gsk dot com (put the address back together - I cannot
      type the address here as the list will alter it to keep spammers
      away). I might try bringiing my H16 up to Kerr Lake - it usually
      lives at the coast but is home right now (in pieces) for
      repairs/refurbishment.

      GaryE
      Durham, NC
      H16