Re: Ancient beachcat? + Trimaran for sale...

  • gevoniuk
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 1, 2005
      --- In beachcats@yahoogroups.com, "Philip" <mummp@b...> wrote:
      > This should make it easier . . .
      >
      > http://tinyurl.com/6sbcs

      I especially enjoyed the accompanying translated text.

      You've got to love these web translators. The syntax and vocabulary
      they come up with are often hilarious. Sometimes you can even divine
      the original intent behind the text.

      ...or run through Babel Fish a couple of times:

      You must love these translators of the fabric. The syntax and the
      vocabulary come for above with are often laughing. You can even guess
      sometimes the original attempt behind the text.

      GaryE
      H16
    • Jake
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 5, 2005
        One of our sales agents in Spain owns and sails one of those. He
        placed second in their nationals two years ago. It's pretty
        incredible thinking about how tough it is for us to be fast on our
        catamarans when we cheat by having rudders and stuff!

        Jake
      • w lyn
        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 5, 2005
          Anyone know of a source of plans for these cool little boats? Wayne

          Jake <tempjake@...> wrote:

          One of our sales agents in Spain owns and sails one of those. He
          placed second in their nationals two years ago. It's pretty
          incredible thinking about how tough it is for us to be fast on our
          catamarans when we cheat by having rudders and stuff!

          Jake

          Group Home
          http://www.TheBeachcats.com

          Yahoo! Groups Links

          test'; ">

        • Heribert Westerveld
          Message 4 of 12 , Feb 5, 2005
            The boat is called Patin. (Try Google: Patin Catamaran)

            The main organisation is:
            http://www.pangea.org/adipav/eindex.htm`

            A boat cost about 5990 Euro Iva included (Whatever that is.
            There are organisations in Spain, Belgium and The Netherlands.
            Couldn't find an English Site.

            Heribert

            --- In beachcats@yahoogroups.com, w lyn <fleegle2252@y...> wrote:
            > Anyone know of a source of plans for these cool little boats? Wayne
            >
            > Jake <tempjake@c...> wrote:
            >
            > One of our sales agents in Spain owns and sails one of those. He
            > placed second in their nationals two years ago. It's pretty
            > incredible thinking about how tough it is for us to be fast on our
            > catamarans when we cheat by having rudders and stuff!
            >
            > Jake
            >

            > Group Home
            > http://www.TheBeachcats.com
            >

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

            > test'; ">

          • Jake
            Message 5 of 12 , Feb 6, 2005
              Apparently the majority of the competetive boats are hand built by a
              single guy out of his garage. There should be plans out there as I
              understand that it is a class open to any kind of builder. I haven't
              seen any although I admit to not looking very hard!

              Jake

              Message 6 of 12 , Feb 10, 2005
                http://www.marktplaats.nl/markt/watersport/catamarans/4355.htm?ret=%
                2Fmarkt%2Fwatersport%2Fcatamarans.htm%3Foudei%3D30%26js%3D1

                With a bit cut & past you can go to this site offering a Patin on
                Trailer for EUR 2500.(Excludes shipment).

                Heribert H17