Upgraded from Prindle 16 to P19...

  • dweitzel
    Message 1 of 31 , Apr 1, 2004
      After the very first ride on my Prindle 16 I knew I'd made a mistake.
      The boat was too small.

      It's a great little boat. Very fun. But I weigh 230lbs and my brother
      (who I want to take sailing) weighs 240.

      After about 20min on the Prindle 16 I knew she was too small.

      So...

      I drove 900 (1,800) round trip from Seattle to San Jose, CA to pick
      up a Prindle 19 last weekend.

      I haven't taken the P19 out yet. It looks okay and at $1,400 I think
      I got a decent deal. Too early to tell probably. Honestly though,
      after the stress of getting the boat home I really don't want to
      think about sailing for at least a week or two.

      Sitting in the parking lot you can instantly tell the difference
      between the P16 and P19. Not only is that P19 larger of course, but
      whereas the P16 was a cute and curvy little boat... the P19 is sharp
      and blunt (if you can be both at the same time). It looks very
      intimidating. All business if you know what I mean.

      Welp, I'll have to drop a line here when (and if) I survive my maiden
      P19 drag race.

      -Dan
      Seattle, WA
      Prindle 16