How do you buy a drysuit online...?

  • dweitzel
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 1, 2003
      Someone said drysuits are great, but try them on first. Umm... how do
      you do that if you are buying a drysuit online?

      -Dan

      (What I really wanted to say is... ARE YOU INSANE?!? I mean, ARE
      YOU... INSANE?!? :)
    • hobiegary
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 1, 2003
        Dan that is a great question! I always wondered about that too. I
        would feel pretty petty if I took advantage of a store's inventory
        to test a fit, then turned around and ordered somewhere else.

        I guess what I'll do is find the one that fits, in a store, then
        give them an opportunity to come anywhere close to the price that I
        can find on the w.w.w.

        Now, where in the heck would you ever find an inventory of dry suits
        to try on? Heck, I guess you just have to order one and send it
        back when it doesn't fit.

        GARY

        --- In beachcats@yahoogroups.com, "dweitzel" <heydanno@y...> wrote:
        > Someone said drysuits are great, but try them on first. Umm... how
        do
        > you do that if you are buying a drysuit online?
        >
        > -Dan
      • mmurphy384
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 1, 2003
          Hi Dan,
          Buying "clothing" online is always a risk. I bought a new drysuit on
          eBay for $150. Fit's perfectly (though I guess I got lucky). It's
          not one of the fancy breathable kinds, but considering I only use it
          about 5 times a year, I can put up with being a little warm.

          My rationale was that if it didn't fit or I didn't like it, I could
          always sell it for something close to what I bought it for (maybe
          even more).

          Mike