Re: Now seriously -Onboard Entertainment

  • hobiegary <hobiegary@attbi.com>
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1, 2003
      When I sail to Catalina alone, I take a radio so that I can listen
      to Sean Hannity along the way. I use a "shower radio" that I picked
      up at Bed Bath and Beyond for $10 on sale. When I start out and
      wind is light, I hang it by its strap on the boom. As soon as there
      is enough wind to sail at a good clip, I stuff the radio in my
      breast cleavage. You know I have that due to the foam life
      jacket. :)

      So then I keep my spray suit unzipped a few inches so I can hear the
      radio. The other day I was having some mild conditions that made
      things boring enough to get lunch. I went back to open a hull port
      to grab my sandwich and when I got back to the rail, my radio was
      gone. It slipped out and fell overboard without my knowlege because
      I had turned it off so it wouldn't distract me as I was doing the
      sandwich retrieval manuever. I should have lashed the radio's strap
      to my life vest like I had done on the previous trip. Live and
      learn!

      If I would have heard it splash I may have been able to retrieve the
      radio, since it floats. But it was shaped like a flying saucer and
      made a silent departure.

      GARY

      --- In beachcats@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Levis" <somejerk@s...> wrote:
      > I have this cheap(free) little am/fm radio that we listen to
      while pleasure
      > sailing. I clipped it to the forward lacing of the tramp. It has
      been great
      > for free, we washed it after each outing and it takes two AA's.
      Well, it's

    • Edward Teach <lwtaylor@scubadiving.com>
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 2, 2003
        :
        > I have this cheap(free) little am/fm radio that we listen to while
        pleasure
        > sailing.

        Hey try a drybag just buy one that your new radio will fit in - I
        have a 115 liter one that I use for a ditch bag on the mono so I know
        they make 'em big enuff - try Seal-Line

        Capt Teach
      • hobiegary <hobiegary@attbi.com>
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 2, 2003
          I noticed that Murrays has a new, rather extensive line of dry bags.
          I think it was on their "what's new" page.

          GARY

          --- In beachcats@yahoogroups.com, "Edward Teach <lwtaylor@s...>"