Re: [beachcats] Re: Prebent Mast/NACRA 5.8- ANSWERS

  • Buzz
    Message 1 of 32 , Jan 1, 2003
      Mark,

      "Jib track: Never all the way forward"

      Not even when you are running down wind?
      Buzz

      "sailingproshop " wrote:

      > Toby:
      >
      > So you have a 1983 NACRA 5.8 standard version with Roy Seaman foam
      > cored battens and sail in generally flat water and less then 15 knots
      > of wind at 350 lbs of crew weight so:
      >
      > Mast rake: 4"
      >
      > Spreader rake: 1/2"
      >
      > Diamond wires: sloppy which equates to you being able to touch the
      > mast on both sides with the wires by pressing firly against them
      > toward the rig about 18" up the mast. If you are NOT racing and just
      > want:"POWER!" then forget the sloppy diamonds and go for tight
      > diamonds (35 lbs on a Loos guage or 650 lb of linear compression- ie.
      > really fricking tight). You MUST*** make sure the tangs, wires and
      > spreader assembly are in great shape of there may be a failre which
      > will cause a mast failure should any component in the spreader
      > assembly give way so have them inspected by a PRO if possible before
      > you opt for this setting.
      >
      > Shrouds: 200 lbs of compression or one good size guy's weight on the
      > wire while you pin the shroud.
      >
      > Battens: In firm.
      >
      > Jib track: Use only the last 2/3 of the track regardless of the wind.
      > Never all the way forward in the track.
      >
      > Traveler centered at all times except downwind where you will travel
      > out no further than the footstrap and then twist the top of the sail
      > off.
      >
      > Drop me a note with other questions....
      >
      > Mark A. Michaelsen ~MM~
      > The Sailing Pro Shop
      > SPS Website: http://www.sailingproshop.com
      > 194 Marina Dr. Suite 201
      > Long Beach, CA 90803
      > (562) 594-8749 Voice
      > (562) 594-0208 FAX
      > (800) 354-7245 Order Line
      >
      > http://www.TheBeachcats.com

    • Williams, Bruce, NLNS
      Message 32 of 32 , Jan 14, 2003
        Build a formula in an adjacent cell.
        Cell A cell B
        16 =(cell a)/.6

        Enter the = sign in the formula bar for cell B, then select cell A and add functions, / sign and .6 Copy and paste this to all remaining rows and it will recognize what you want to do.

        Bruce