Re: This might be........

  • Jim Davis
    Message 1 of 17 , Nov 1, 2002
      a web site called F**kmicrosoft.com offers a killer email accounts..
      I am cncswiss1@F??kmicrosoft.com. now that's funny.

      --- In beachcats@y..., "Wayne Carney" <wcarney@f...> wrote:

      > If anyone wants anonymity on the net it can be accomplished by use
      of an
      > alternate email box.
    • tamishel
      Message 2 of 17 , Nov 1, 2002
        --- In beachcats@y..., "Damon" <damon@l...> wrote:
        If your
        > really scared about that, do all your posting from work, Internet
        > Cafe, or the Public Library.

        Or, with my dialup connection, I have a dynamic IP. What that means
        is that the service provider is where the proverbial buck stops.
        Unless I'm not understanding the principle, I believe that in order
        to find out who zackly is at the IP addy, someone would have to
        contact the provider and find out who was logged in to that
        partic'lar IP at that partic'lar time.

        Kowrec, Damon?
        sea ya
        tami
      • Bill Levis
        Message 3 of 17 , Nov 2, 2002
          > Or, with my dialup connection, I have a dynamic IP. What that means
          > is that the service provider is where the proverbial buck stops.
          > Unless I'm not understanding the principle, I believe that in order
          > to find out who zackly is at the IP addy, someone would have to
          > contact the provider and find out who was logged in to that
          > partic'lar IP at that partic'lar time.

          For the provider to give out that information they would need a
          subpoena. In the US at least.

          Bill