Shrunk bolt rope

  • HobieTrails2U@webtv.net
    Message 1 of 6 , May 1, 2002
      I just finished replacing the shrunk bolt rope on my H-14 sail. The
      project went pretty well, took a couple hours. I just tied a wire to
      the old rope, pulled the rope out of the sail and used the wire to pull
      the new and better rope back in. I then sewed the ends at the head and
      the clew in place. The new rope (5/16") cost me $24 at WM but I guess is
      saved $156 by doing it myself. (Thanks for the $180 repair quote Mark,
      it gave me some good bargaining' ammo I used on the guy I got the sail
      from).

      Hobie Trails 2U
      Paul Von Stubbe
    • hobiegary
      Message 2 of 6 , May 1, 2002
        Paul, You don't want that rope to be stiched to the sail twice, only
        once. The sail needs to stretch.

        GARY