Re: [beachcats] OT, want to feel old?

  • Kim Miller
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 1, 2000
      At 29/08/00 04:24 PM -0500, you wrote:

      >Age of college students...

      SNIP

      >They have no idea when or why Jordache jeans were cool.

      Nor do I. Somebody tell me.

      Kim
    • Lee Taylor
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 1, 2000
        Kim
        > SNIP
        > >They have no idea when or why Jordache jeans were cool.
        > Nor do I. Somebody tell me.

        Cuz dey wuz PAINTED on, Dem girlz wood have dey freins hol' da britches
        outta winder an' jumps offn da roof soz dey could squeeze dey butts n
        'em!! Sho looked good but a fella played hell makin out in da back ofa
        truk(dats why dey calls the bak ofa truk a bed) damn nearz hadta have a
        wanch to pullz dem thangs off den you hadta sneak da girl in da winder
        cuz she neber could get da britches bak onz.

        Lee
      • Kim Miller
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 1, 2000
          At 01/09/00 09:17 AM -0500, you wrote:
          >Kim
          > > SNIP
          > > >They have no idea when or why Jordache jeans were cool.
          > > Nor do I. Somebody tell me.
          >
          >Cuz dey wuz PAINTED on, Dem girlz wood have dey freins hol' da britches
          >outta winder an' jumps offn da roof soz dey could squeeze dey butts n
          >'em!! Sho looked good but a fella played hell makin out in da back ofa
          >truk(dats why dey calls the bak ofa truk a bed) damn nearz hadta have a
          >wanch to pullz dem thangs off den you hadta sneak da girl in da winder
          >cuz she neber could get da britches bak onz.
          >
          >Lee

          Very cool reason.
          I only asked because not too long ago I bought a pair of Jordache jeans.
          And then won the shopping centre promotion on the purchase. My wife and I
          got picked up in a stretch limo, taken to the pre-release showing of the
          latest James Bond movie where everyone (including us or course) was dressed
          up as someone from a JB movie, got our photo in the local paper, were fed
          on champagne & finger food, then the obligatory coke/popcorn/choc-top
          thing, and given dinner at our favourite restaurant, and a couple of
          shopping vouchers thrown in.

          That pair of Jordache jeans ended up as a great night out, a couple of
          shirts, a pair of fancy trousers, and some kitchen equipment. Very cool -
          could buy a lot of denim coloured paint for all that. :-)

          I've been sailing in the jeans. (Sailing related)

          Kim
        • Lee Taylor
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 2, 2000
            Kim

            Geeze - How much did those jeans cost?!?!

            Lee