Spring Fever stuff

  • Cary
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 1, 2001
      Finally sent my NAHCA application off today, in preparation for the
      Lake Hartwell Spring Fever event. Then I was looking at the new info
      page on the twinhulls.com website, and Nigel wants boat insurance AND
      personal liability insurance???? My umbrella coverage would be
      enough for MM's new toy if I holed it and it sank. Now I need boat
      insurance too? On a $1000 toy boat? (Apologies to my Hobie,hope it's
      not listening)
      Any input on this?
      Cary
    • b_cash_98@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 1, 2001
        -
        Cary,

        I added my 1975 h16 to my homeownes yeaterday, $300,000
        liability for $48 per year. At first they didnt want to write a
        policy on a 25 year old boat but my agent talket to the underwriter
        and perswaded them to write it. Something about my doing business
        with them for the last 20 years. :)

        -- In beachcats@y..., "Cary" <zuhl@e...> wrote:
        > Finally sent my NAHCA application off today, in preparation for the
        > Lake Hartwell Spring Fever event. Then I was looking at the new
        info
        > page on the twinhulls.com website, and Nigel wants boat insurance
        AND
        > personal liability insurance???? My umbrella coverage would be
        > enough for MM's new toy if I holed it and it sank. Now I need boat
        > insurance too? On a $1000 toy boat? (Apologies to my Hobie,hope
        it's
        > not listening)
        > Any input on this?
        > Cary
      • John Surprenant
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 1, 2001
          Cary,
          I carry a large amount of home owners liability, especially cause I have a
          pool. But, the boat is not covered under it according to my state farm
          agent. It only covers up to $1000 for damage to the boat if it is at the
          house.
          I have a separate policy that has the boat/trailer insured for around $2500
          and $500,000 liability that costs me under $100 a year. You may want to
          double check your policies and invest in a separate boat policy. I sent
          NAHCA app in at the beginning of the month. I got an email from them saying
          they are still finalizing this years packet so it would be February when I
          got it. I can't wait for that goodie bag and calendar etc... :)
          Thanks,
          -john
          Atlanta, GA
          H16 #71514
          H18 #3838
          http://www.hobiesailor.com

          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 1, 2001
            you both need to join US Sailing. I just mailed out my app
            yesterday. Spring Fever requires NAHCA< US Sailing & liability
            insurance. Actually all 3 are a good idea regardless of weathere or
            not you plan to sailin regattas. the orgs support out interest and
            an unfortunite oops with a $250,000 powerboat would cost lots more
            the we would want to talk about. even it its their fault the
            litigation costs are very ugly.

            just my .02

          • philipp.danbe@baesystems.com
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 1, 2001
              Hope you signed up via the Multihull Council's "Golden Anchor"
              program. Get 5 bucks off and be counted as a multihull sailor.

              Speed Thrills,
              Phil Danbe - Sandy Hook Bay Catamaran Club, New Jersey, USA
              http://www.fleet250.org/
              H-17 #5885 philipp.danbe@...

              --- In beachcats@y..., b_cash_98@y... wrote:

              > you both need to join US Sailing. I just mailed out my app
              > yesterday. Spring Fever requires NAHCA< US Sailing & liability
              > insurance. Actually all 3 are a good idea regardless of weathere or
              > not you plan to sailin regattas. the orgs support out interest and
              > an unfortunite oops with a $250,000 powerboat would cost lots more
              > the we would want to talk about. even it its their fault the
              > litigation costs are very ugly.
              >
              > just my .02
              >
              > --- In beachcats@y..., John Surprenant <js@p...> wrote:
              > > Cary,
              > > I carry a large amount of home owners liability, especially cause
              > have a
              > > pool. But, the boat is not covered under it according to my state
              > farm
              > > agent. It only covers up to $1000 for damage to the boat if it is
              > at the
              > > house.
              > > I have a separate policy that has the boat/trailer insured for
              > around $2500
              > > and $500,000 liability that costs me under $100 a year. You may
              > want to
              > > double check your policies and invest in a separate boat policy.
              > sent
              > > NAHCA app in at the beginning of the month. I got an email from
              > them saying
              > > they are still finalizing this years packet so it would be
              February
              > when I
              > > got it. I can't wait for that goodie bag and calendar etc... :)
              > > Thanks,
              > > -john
              > > Atlanta, GA
              > > H16 #71514
              > > H18 #3838
              > > http://www.hobiesailor.com

            • Bill Levis
              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 1, 2001
                Phil,
                What sort of insurance/paperwork will we need for the Statue of Liberty
                race?

                Bill

                %
                %Speed Thrills,
                %Phil Danbe - Sandy Hook Bay Catamaran Club, New Jersey, USA
                %http://www.fleet250.org/
                %H-17 #5885 philipp.danbe@...
                %
                %
                %--- In beachcats@y..., b_cash_98@y... wrote:
                %>
                %>
[...]
                %> >
                %> >
                %> >
                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 1, 2001
                  Nut'N Honey. We require a Portsmouth rated boat and a body (or 2).
                  The rest is up to you and your good sense. Oh...., and the Coasties
                  have a station at the Hook.

                  --- In beachcats@y..., "Bill Levis" <netbuoy@s...> wrote:
                  > Phil,
                  > What sort of insurance/paperwork will we need for the Statue of
                  Liberty
                  > race?
                  >
                  > Bill

                  :)
                • b_cash_98@yahoo.com
                  Message 8 of 9 , Feb 1, 2001
                    Yes Sir I be there !!! me and my crew or should it be the CREW and
                    me? :)

                  • b_cash_98@yahoo.com
                    Message 9 of 9 , Feb 1, 2001
                      I would like to say (^*&&^$ the coasties BUT they may need to save
                      my sorry ass some day :) so ..... Other then PFD's whats the
                      requiremt's for a beachcat in daylight hours? heheheh will 70' of
                      aussie jib line cover the throw line" :)