      From: autoc1
      Sent: Sunday, March 30, 2014 8:40 PM
      Subject: Re: [beachcats] Hi and News of Hobie Alter's Passing

      Long live the Hobie Way!
      Thanks guys,

      KY John
      H18 (X2) - still

      ----- Original Message -----
      Sent: Sunday, March 30, 2014 8:38 PM

      Thanks Matt!

      Todd Elozory

      Sunpane Architectural Metals

      813-892-0854

      todd.sam@...

      To: beachcats@yahoogroups.com
      From: mfcorcoran@...
      Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2014 19:20:01 -0400
      Subject: [beachcats] Hi and News of Hobie Alter's Passing

      Hello Old Friends -

      I hope everyone is well.  I rarely see traffic on the beachcats listserve these days (certainly never the 50+ post days from a decade ago).  I suppose most of us have moved on if not from hobies, then from the old listserve formats.  I hope those of you who still receive these emails are well -- especially those of you from the old hobie-nichimen listserve days.

      For those who haven't heard, Hobie Alter passed away today.  Surfer, sailor and general renegade he was . . . he will be missed.  The H-16 changed my life and is still my idea of the funnest boat to sail.  I hope I have another one (or something similar inspired by it) again someday soon.  For now, I am sailing slightly larger much slower displacement boats and chasing the dream that the days on the water on my H-16 originally stoked.

      A couple of links:

      Best,
      Matt Corcoran

      No virus found in this message.