Re: Please recommend places for cardiac surgery

  • 3 replies
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 2, 2005
      From: Shahriar Moudud <smoudud@...>
      Date: Fri Jul 1, 2005 8:28am

      Dear Shamnaz,

      Lately, heart surgery in Bangladesh has been excellent. Although patients feel "safe" to go to India/Singapore/Thailand for such treatment, heart surgery in Bangladesh is nearly or equal to what can be acheived from abroad. I've known many patients who have undergone by-pass surgery in Bangladesh (Shikdar or LabAid) and are in excellent condition now. LabAid is a new center for heart patients, which offers excellent service and affordable cost. I would suggest it is better to be in Bangladesh. If the cost is less than India and service is the same, it is wise to be in home country, since you get a lot of other advantages being home.

      If you need further information, I can suggest you the name of good doctor who has special training from abroad and have been doing such surgery since a long time. They are experts in this field now.

      Wish you all the best.
      -Shahriar

      ----------------------Email 2------------------

      From: "Rezaul Amin" <shumon6@...>
      Date: Sat Jul 2, 2005 2:34am

      Dear Shamnaz,

      I have been to Escort. The main doctor, Ashok Seth left the hospital and joined Max Debi or something. Dr. Trihan doesnt do surgeries much any more. Kamal Mehta will be able to make appointment with doctors quicker, help you pay the bills, arrange pick-up and drop-off from and to the airport but as you said, hes going to charge for those services. His guest houses are near the hospital. I will try to dig in more information.

      However, I am very confident on the doctors at Shikder and DAB Cardiac hospitals in Bangladesh. DAB is very reasonable. Dr. Masum Siraj is a very good surgeon and a gentleman.

      My best wishes to your relative.

      regards

      Reza

      ----------------------Email 3------------------

      From: "Monjur Alam" <romel29@...>
      Date: Sat Jul 2, 2005 1:02am

      Hi Shamnaz,

      I am sorry to know the condition of your relative. allah will help him to recover.

      I am romel from New zealand.

      I heard that there are now a number of cardiac hospital in Bangladesh. specially lab aid, sikder and some one in Gazipur possibly.

      You can go there and see it.

      In NZ, the treatment is wonderful. But I think it may take time to get the visa.

      You can go to Dr. Shetty in india, delhi.

      All the good wishes for you and your relative.

      With best regards

      romel

      New zealand

      Monjurul Alam
      New Zealand
    • saifuddin sharif
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 2, 2005
        Dear,

        My brother is a young doctor who has been working in DAB Cardiac centre (just beside BIRDEM) for last few years, . He always speaks highly about its facilities. You can check it, if not already decided where to go.

        You can call him at DCC. His name is Dr. Armane Wadud.
        I exactly do not remember the phone number of DCC, may be
        9671141 to 47. u can check a telephone directory.

        Sharif
        Denver, Colorado
      • Isaac Baroi
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 3, 2005
          THE BEST is Emory Hospital in Atlanta. They have latest and easiest way. New method is, with out opening heart one Emory scientist does helping 100% patients. My daughter is studying to be a heart surgeaon with latest scientific techonology and genetic treatment.

          Isaac