Got RA in Concordia, CA

  • Lipna Chowdhury
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 27 7:33 PM
      Dear all,
      I have told you before that with my low GRE score (1020) I applied to some US universities and got admitted into IIT, NJIT, SUNY Binghamton and UTA. Now again I've another news to share with you all, I have also got offer of admission from Concordia University in Montreal,Canada with a Research Assistanship offer, that will bear my living expenses, but I'll have to pay the tution fees. However, I'm really happy cause I only applied for admission and got such opportunity.
      I've got many help from this group n I want some more suggestion in this respect. Please let me know what do you think and write to me your suggestions.
      Thanking you....

      Lipna (From Bangladesh)
      Profile:
      GRE: 1020(V:340, Q:680, AWA:3.5)
      TOEFL: 253(5.5)
      CGPA: 3.56/4.00
      Applied for Master's in Computer Science

      Lipna Chowdhury
      Lecturer
      Deparetment of CSE
      Stamford University
      BANGLADESH
    • S Farhana
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 3, 2005
        hi lipna
        just a quick point to mention
        be careful to choose concordia
        coz that's in montreal
        and ppl uses french a lot over there...
        i think it would be better if u can take some basic
        french course or something
        u r in a mess really if u r new in the city without
        some basic understanding
        and ppl are quite busy there to spare time in helping
        but concordia is a very good uni no doubt!
        montreal is like just any other busy city... nothing
        special.
        good luck!
        farhana

        ----------------------------------

        Sharmin Farhana Rahman
        Bruce Hall
        Building 40, Daley Road
        GPO Box 827, ACTON
        ACT 2601, Australia

        Phone: +612 61257097
        Mobile: +610 432663910
        E-Mail: u4174025@...
      • Rana
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 7, 2005
          Hello Lipna,
          Concordia is a good university and congrats. But later on you might think of getting into McGill University. It is a better university than Concordia. Degrees from McGill is widely respected in all over North America. Another good university is University of Toronto, which is very difficult to get into and expensive as well. I live in Toronto, but I know some people in Montreal, just in case you need any help.
          Montreal is a busy and cool (very cold gets lots of snow in winter ) city. Beautiful too. In the city you will find people talking English, but outskirts people will prefer not to speak in English even they know English.
          Wish you best luck.