Article: Bangladeshis are one of the strongest Nation In the WORLD to survive

  • Asif Saikat
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 6, 2008

      Bangladeshis are one of the strongest Nation In the WORLD to survive

      Where our Bangladesh will go? 15,0000000+ peoples living here . They have different thoughts ,aspirations and various works to do. May be my country is small in  size in compare to some others but very few countries in the world have peoples like 15 Crore or more. So in this case it is a big country to manage its population  and they surely belongs to Bangalee or Bangladeshi category ,whereever they goes and it�s a  unique type of  nation, unique  type of peoples who have some good similarities and almost common history and culture to reminisce.

      I can say you that surely , most of the time , Bangladeshis  never got the chance to taste constant stability ( in politics) for long time , atleast 10 or more years. In case of 1971 we were united and was very much united behind a leader and do you know the result of  that strength? The result is � Bangladesh �, so they have good result on the basis of UNITY( also some other factors were included there, but they were sure about their motivation).So we can say the peoples of Bangladesh ,in together, is one of the strongest nation in the world.

      Every year , there are so many natural disasters continuously we have to face that , our people ;become very used to it and  they have to do some similar works every year. Built houses every year, may be their house and all things washed away in the flood in the rainy season, or cyclone like Sidr( thanks to Allah Rabbul Al amin that after Sidr , Nargis don�t strike  us).

      The most amazing thing in case of Bangladeshi peoples that they know what is the problem, they know how to solve it but they always think someother will do it , or hesitate to make the decision just like some of our government organizations. History also says that they are more fond of to be ruled than to rule unless situation is out of control.

      We don�t have to always follow the foreigners , their advices.Yes, we need to hear them, we need to know what they think about the matter but nobody knows a Bangladeshi,their religion, their opinions, their local problem than a an foreign friend .Foreign friends also want that; we clearly should analyse and discuss  the problem and solution we are going to take  to them , so that it helps them to help us.

      Our overall  education system is very very poor . Inspite of this , a lots of people of our country are well accepted for their knowledge and research, so it�s a great strength.When any one goes to war with few arms and inspirations and win it , surely you should say he is really a professional.

      We still not sure who to follow , why to follow , how to follow. As we got our independence on the base of Democracy, we still not able to practice it completely. Most of the govt. use it only as the way to win the election, it don�t reflects the opinion of the people and the members of the political parties.

      There is no party or no political system lasts long ; Bangladeshis are not yet able to have a stable and pure political system. There is one party govt., military rule, democratic govt.( where democracy is being abolished and opposition party is totally absent from the scenarios), but still we don�t have get ourselves in a stable political scenario.

      Sometimes the political parties also forced to nominate persons who are of less education, less foresight, more power and big figure, because he have to lead a part of the country where most of the people don�t know how to sign and also feel good that they don�t have to sign in case of casting vote, only have to put the seal on the proper political parties� symbol.And I am sure most of the voters in Bangladesh , before going to the vote-centre even don�t know who is the nominated guy for the party whom he is going to vote; it is true for big cities like Chittagong,Khulna,Rajshahi,Barishal,Dhaka etc. also.And the electorate also thinks as he is representing a region where almost all people don�t go to school , so as he is a 5 Grade School pass candidate , it is a matter of GLORY.

      There is being said, Allah rabbul al-amin only helps those who helps themselves. We elect the govt. and we again tell that  they are bad or they were bad. It is people�s responsibility to know whom he are voting ; if in future that elected person or govt. do anything wrong or unethical;the voters who have voted him surely shares the responsibility  equally.

      I hope the voter list that is being already collected will lead us to a better national id information system on which we can have complete information of our peoples.We can know about any persons from the website and a solid distributed database system design will be established all over the country.In the database , the hounoured persons, the intellectual persons, the students, the teachers, the housewives, the convicted persons etc. and all should be searchable so that we can quickly take decisions. In this case people also feel important and should know that if he or she is not in the list may be he or she is going to miss any opportunity in future so everybody in the national id or voter list will always try to update his information like new born babies information.If I have a good database, I can know where I have to send more vaccines and where less.And looking for the education status , you can take decisions where we need to do which level of activities. If in a upazila only 12% only can write , there surely you have to make different decisions , from in upazilar where 12% peoples goes to UNIVERSITES , MEDICALS and Engineerings.

      A huge amont of money of Bangladesh is being transferred to outside without any kind of accountability or people is not being benefited with those.A lots of money which is being coming to my country through the aid organizations are not being properly used ( from the very beginning of Banladesh) and maximum of those was for poverty alleviation. So without those money, we are now  what � WE ARE�.We are still going on somehow without those money, because of our strength, our patience and our peace-loving nature.

      The family is the most important institution in Bangladesh.All over the world the scholars always support that no institution can be better than family.And women here retain this heritage year after year,save her family,keep her children safe,make the home comfortable for her life partner and also a lot maintains them including their own job life.

      One of the good thing about Bangladeshi Peoples are they are pious,moderate and tolerable, so that all over the world it has a big reputataion as Moderate Muslim country although in home and abroad some tries to spoil this image but it don�t works as mass people don�t like it, and feel it quite unnecessary. All religion talks about peace and Bangladeshis are really atheist.

      Still they are living, still they are smiling.

      Asif Rahman Saikat
      A&S Engineer
      Application&Software Dept.(ConvergentBillingSystem)
      TSD(Technical Services Dept.)
      HUAWEI TECHNOLIGIES LIMITED
      Ex.CUET 99, Dhaka College and Govt.Laboratory High School,Dhaka

    • Salahuddin Ayubi
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 14, 2008
        I am a seaman who had the opportunity to visit over fifty countries of the world and in many countries I have visited several times covering all six continents of the world.  From my  personal experience I can say that only Japanese are as meritorious as ourselves  and chinese are very pragmatic people.The British are the most cunning people. The question naturally arises why then are we so poor? The simple answer to this very complex question is that it had been the  failure of our political ledership, who failed to give the required leadership to the nation.
                              To prosper we have to study and emulate the countries that had accelerated development e.g. Japan, South Korea, Singapore, Taiwan, China and malaysia. All that we need to do is to study the steps taken by these countries  and what measures were taken by them to put threir country in the right track. Our people are intelligent and smart but they are the victim of incompetence of our politicval ladership.  May God give our political leaders the wisdom to lead the soutry to greater glory.
                            Our perceprion about democracy must also change. Democracy means good governance, rule of law, guaranteeing the freedoms of individuals irrespective of ethnicity and religious idendity and not merely elected government.  Election is hust the first step to achive the objectives ofa democratic sountry.
                                      Salahuddin Ayubi