2 more replies - Open source TTF to Unicode converter release

  • bdresearchers@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 25, 2007
      Messages List
      1. Zahurul Islam, Re: Open source TTF to Unicode converter release
      2. Remizius Remi, Re: Open source TTF to Unicode converter release

      Reply 1
      From: "Zahurul Islam" <zaisbd@...>
      Cc: remizius@..., mumit@...
      Date: Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:19 pm
      Subject: Re: [bdresearchers] Open source TTF to Unicode converter release

      Dear Mr. Remizius Remi,

      Thanks you very much for your appreciation. PHP does not have complete native support for Unicode or multibyte strings (for more details please check:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PHP ). There are some open source Java search engine package available on web. Nutch is one of them (http://wiki.apache.org/nutch/Nutch_-_The_Java_Search_Engine ). One student worked on Bangla Unicode search using Nutch here at CRBLP. For details please contact with out team leader Dr. Mumit khan.

      Yes Khandatta Is finalized now its Unicode value is "\u09CE". I don't understand your last question clearly.

      Best Regards,
      Md. Zahurul Islam
      http://www.zahurul.com
      Research Programmer
      Center for Research on Bangla Language Processing (CRBLP)
      http://www.bracu.ac.bd/research/crblp/index.php
      BRAC University
      Dhaka, Bangladesh

      Reply 2
      From: "remizius remi" <remizius@...>
      Cc: bdresearchers@yahoogroups.com, mumit@...
      Date: Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:18 am

      Dear Zahurul,

      Thanx for your reply.

      Yes, I read the news abt bangla unicode finalization after mailing you.

      I will try Nutch and let you know the result.

      Thanks again.

      What abt Unicode converter final version?

      Dr. Mumit,

      Can you convey the progress of unicode bangla search engine what have Mr. Zahurul pointed?

      Thanx in advance.

      --
      Remizius Remi
      Chairman, Creative Computers & Communications,

      Ph:8802 9345905
      fax: 8802 9349118

      On 6/9/07, remizius remi <remizius@...> wrote:

      Dear Zahurul
      Excellent job.

      Can you help me on one matter? How can I develop a search engine in
      PHP in Unicode? I am in great need of that.

      What about the letter "Khandra TA"? Is Unicode in finalized for nationalizing?

      And how can we write bangla in UniBijoy without installed interface?

      Your help will be appreciated.