Panfest was a success

  • ByThor-6.1.8.
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 3, 2005
      Ok first the conflict of interest notice, I am on the board of Pan
      Fest, so that in no way will influence what I say or make me
      biased.....http://panfest.net

      It was great weekend, whenever it was overcast or rained for a bit it
      cleared up with the return of the Sun God. Attendance was excellent
      with around 100 folks including babes in arms, or at least strollers.
      Lots of kids this year, and grown up kids too.
      Folks came from BC, Saskatchewan, Manitoba and Hawaii! There was a
      small but very active and attractive merchant area, with robes,
      jewlery and stones, wood sacred objects (the folks form Hawaii via
      Calgary). And according to the merfchants that did show up business
      was brisk and good.
      From Alberta we had folks from Calgary, Edmonton, Cochrane,and Whitecourt.
      Workshops and rituals this year were spaced out well so people had
      lots of time for relaxation, swimming etc. Worshops were well timed,
      though of course not always to everyone's satisfaction, that is
      someone will always want to be in two places at once....but ya gotta
      make a choice sometimes. And they were all well attended as were the
      rituals.
      Aphrodite's Temple was a great attraction especially since we had our
      first public handfasting at PanFest.
      Drumming and chanting were encouraged, workshoped and the drums
      thumped into the night around the fire. Filksinging was heard through
      out the weekend.
      Did I mention the food, it was great...I am still full.
      Again it was an excellent mix of traditions from many paths, with the
      majority in attendance being eclectic, solitary, or new to the pagan
      path. We even had heathens and goths dancing with druids of both orders.
      It was great time. And the participation is growing. Truly the premier
      prairie pagan festival, don't miss it next year ( ok that was a
      shameless plug, but I am in charge of PR after all).
      But don't just go by this report ask your friends who went what they
      thought.
      ByThor
    • B.G. Kent
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 3, 2005
        Wow...sounds like a great time was had by all.
        When and where was this? It might seem a dumb question but I get
        so much email I may have missed it in all the reading.

        Ravynwolfe

        --
      • ByThor-6.1.8.
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 6, 2005
          It's held in Central Alberta at a lakeside camp that is self enclosed.
          And it is always on the August long weekend, July 29-August 1.
          For more info check out the website at httP;//www.panfest.net
          For information