Prov: Fears and Desires Realized

  • Steve Amato
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2006
      FEARS AND DESIRES REALIZED

      Pr 10:24 What the wicked dreads will overtake him; what the righteous desire will be granted.

      Want to go into the fortune telling business? Find out what the wicked are afraid of and then tell them that's their fate. I'm reminded of the fears of the religious leaders who had Christ murdered. They said, "If we let Him alone like this, everyone will believe in Him, and the Romans will come and take away both our place and nation." John 11:48, and yet despite trying to avoid it, what they feared came upon them. Or consider those who would even follow Christ - except in regards to certain areas. Like the rich young ruler who feared being poor. God asked him the one thing he feared. In coming to faith in Christ and in walking in that faith requires overcoming our fears.

      Therefore do not let worldly fears rule your behavior, for despite your best effort to avoid them, God may allow your fears to be realized.

      On the upside, the desires of the righteous generally come to pass. In fact many things that the wicked fear happen to the righteous. But righteous are generally not afraid of those things. Indeed many of the New Testament commands concerning the Christian life are to NOT FEAR. It says, "Do not fear what they fear; do not be frightened." 1Peter 3:14 And Jesus said, "I tell you, my friends, do not be afraid of those who kill the body and after that can do no more." Luke 12:4

      The Boston Christian Bible Study Resources