Heb 3:1 Fix Your Thoughts on Jesus

  • bcbsr2000
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 6, 2010

      Fix Your Thoughts on Jesus

      Heb 3:1 Therefore, holy brothers, who share in the heavenly calling, fix your thoughts on Jesus, the apostle and high priest whom we confess.

      What a person thinks about Jesus Christ will determine that person's destiny. Also Jesus is the model for the Christian life. So when it comes to deriving applications we look to Jesus.

      "Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.  Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the captain and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.  Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart." Heb 12:1-3

      "And if you suffer for doing good and you endure it, this is commendable before God. To this you were called, because Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in his steps." 1Peter 2:20b-21

      And there are many more aspects of the Christian life of which we look to Jesus as our "Par Excellence" model, one other being confession, or more accurately "profession". We are to profess the gospel. We take on much the same ministry as modelled by Christ. Professing Christ is part of the Christian life so that we can say to God at the end of our lives, as Jesus did in John 17:

      vs 4 I glorified you on the earth
      vs 4 I have accomplished the work which you have given me to do.
      vs 6 I revealed your name to the people whom you have given me out of the world.
      vs 9 I pray for them.
      vs 12 I protected them and kept them safe
      vs 14 I have given them your word
      vs 18 I have sent them into the world
      vs 26 I have made known to them your name

      The Berean Christian Bible Study Resources