Potential new owner

  • rkruege1
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 11, 2005
      Hi all,

      I'm excited about the prospect of picking up a BCF2000. But I have
      one major concern, and that is about it's SYSEX programming
      capabilities.

      I own a DSI Evolver, which has very few assignable CC's, so it is
      primarily controlled remotely via SYSEX. The box surface controls
      don't cut it for live tweaking of multiple parameters. I bought an
      Edirol PCR board as a controller....it has extensive programming
      abilites. In fact, it has 4 different sysex modes which allow for
      the different methods of packing sysex data.

      Unfortunately, of those 4 modes, none of them are in the format that
      the Evolver knows.

      I want to know what SYSEX programming capabilities the BCF2000 has
      available. Does it have pre-set switchable modes like mentioned
      above, and/or an ability to program it to be packaged a specific
      way. ( more specifically the byte/bit size of the nibbles)

      I've done a lot of searching and can't find the necessary material
      for this device to verify if it's capable. Perhaps a PDF manual for
      the device and one for the new JAVA programmer are available??

      If not, is there anyone available here that knows how to program
      SYSEX well enough for me to tell them the format in which the Evolver
      recieves this data, and then verify if the BCF2000 is capable of
      producing it?

      Thanks,

      Robert