Please HELP!!

  • Brian Shaffer
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 7, 2006
      I just got a BCF2000 used on Ebay...I downloaded the manual and i am
      using Adobe Audition....i can't figure out how to get started working
      this thing...anyone out there willing to help??

      Thanks!!

      Brian
    • Elea
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 8, 2006

        If you have followed the manual’s instructions you should be up and running. Although i don’t know how it works with Audition I take it will be the same as with other soft. You have to look in Audition for a section or config where you can tell Audition it’s going to use the BCF. Try having a look in the forum here: www.kvraudio.com

        Good luck

        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 8, 2006
          Also, check what version he BCF oerating system software is. It can be upgraded and Behringer has provided at least one upgrade that I know of. BUT, before you upgrade, read on the user groups for your software and at the Behringer webpage for the BCF2000 about what BCF versions work with what software. Then you can set it up accordingly. And remember, this IS Rocket Science. Just kidding. But it is a bit complex at first. Sall steps and you should be up in no time. Sorry, I don't use Audition either or maybe I could help you more.

          One tip I can give you is that better software has a "learn mode" that monitors what you do with the connected MIDI gear, like the BCF. Then it lets you assign those control actions to a software functions.

          For quick and cheap thrills with the FCB and to make sure it's at least working ok, you can download Ambiloop ( www.evenfall.com/ambiloop ) Ambiloop's learn mode, it works GREAT and is similar to how some other midi/audio apps implement learn mode.

          Cubase has XML drivers that you can either write or download from other users and other software do things similar to one or the other, or they have their own midi device interfaces.

          If Steinberg was cool, they would provide a driver for Cubase (but they don't like Behringer it seems - they want you to buy their stuff), and actually Behringer has produced some "compatable" drivers, running the BCF in Baby Huey mode, which emulates another manufacturer's midi controller.

          So you've got options for doing this, you just need to read up on what the best way for you is with Audition.

          http://mail.yahoo.com

        • Shanon
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 7, 2007
            --- In bc2000@yahoogroups.com, "Brian Shaffer" <bshaffer1@...> wrote:

            > I just got a BCF2000 used on Ebay...I downloaded the manual and i am
            > using Adobe Audition....i can't figure out how to get started working
            > this thing...anyone out there willing to help??
            >
            > Thanks!!
            >
            > Brian

            Hey Brian,
            I got mine last week... and I use Audition. Here's a list of what to
            do to get you up and running quick...

            1. Download and install the Firmware update tool from Behringers website.

            2. Install version 1.10 of the firmware.

            3. Hold the 4th button on the top row of your controller and turn it
            on. This boots it into Mackie mode for Sonar (which is about as good
            as us Adobe users can get out of the box)

            4. Read the PDF that documents the emulation modes off of the
            Behringer site. It shows you the controls and shifts for the new mode
            your in.

            Hope this helps!!!

            -PiNHeaD