Re: BCR 2000 Professional Templates

  • bvs9000
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 24 7:27 AM
      Hello,
      I would gladly pay for the templates I want whether they come with or
      without the plastic overlay.
      Here's my list in order of preference:
      Behringer V-Amp Pro, Kawai XD-5, Novation Drumstation, Korg Triton
      Classic and Wavestation SR, Yamaha Motif Rack ES and TX81Z, Big Tick
      Angelina, Roland Fanton-S, Prodyon AgonyX, AlgoMusic AlgonN, Anarchy
      Sound Anarchy Rhythms, Camel Audio Cameloen5000, Celemony Melodyne 2,
      Propellerheads ReBirth, ALL of Concrete FX, Emagic EVP73, Native
      Instruments FM7, Wusik Wusikstation V1, and Cutter Music SawCutter.

      Let me know when you can have them finished.
      BVS
    • tekrytor
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 24 11:49 AM
        Hi Kaltar,

        Something like the following one for the BCF, but for the BCR?
        http://f5.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/IBJNRJC4ZVp9XSaYSYvtAwPtSBJkfkshWzeSiLRFt2iEVz_BTDvzzGMJ9VnltNMLIpKsbmRlRIKzOE6Da_-6E76M-YYq6fg/BCF2000_templates.pdf

        The one above from Behringer is pretty nice because users can enter
        the labels themselves and then just print it. The results are pretty
        good, but having ready punch-outs for the slots and pots would be nice.

        And what about matching configuration files for specific software
        and/or synths?

        FruityLoops? Cubase family? BCF?

        Steve M
        aka tekrytor

        --- In bc2000@yahoogroups.com, kaltar <kaltar@...> wrote:

        > Hi Everyone,
        >
        > Im thinking In Making Some Professional Templates, (Nice Design, And
        > Printed In A Plastic So It Last forever).
        > I Uploaded A Sample Im Making Into the Files Section. Please Tell Me
        > Your Opinion! I Extended The Top Part To Give More Information Of The
        > Function Of
        > Each Of the 4 Encoder Groups. (There Will Be No Problem If We Put A
        > Little Velcro On The Lower Part Of The Top Template.)
        >
        > It's Still Work In Progress, Since:
        > 1) Need To test Those Settings To See That It's Comfortable Enough.
        > Probably Will Need To Regroup Some Things
        > 2) Change More The "grouping" Of Things, So It Makes More Sense For
        > Somebody Not Familiar With The Synth.
        > 3) Make A Vectorial Version Of the File (In Adobe Illustrator) So It
        > Can Be Professionally Printed And Cut (The Cutting Has To Be Done By
        > A Machine)
        >
        > If Someone Wants To Contribute With A Template, It Would Be Great.
        > (In case That Nobody Wants To Work It Out with me, Would You be
        > Interested In buying, Lets Say, 10 Templates Of Different Software
        > for 40 Bucks?) I would Prefer The Contribution Option! Since I Use
        > Very Little The Software Synths, And I Would Really Use A Few
        > Templates. So If We Make This As A Team, We Will Get More Templates
        > Ready and We Will split The cost, And We Can End Up With Templates
        > For All DAWs, Softsynths, And Even Real Hardware! (I was Thinking In
        > Making One Template for Those Controls In My virus That Are 20
        > Screens Away =)
        >
        > What Do You think?

      • kaltar
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 24 5:01 PM
          Thanks Steve! Thats A Good Idea, Just To Produce the Exact Templates From Behringer But In a Plastic Surface, Already Perforated...
          To Make The Configuration File Is Not That Big Deal.

          And Yes, The Idea Is to Do BCF and BCR.

          However, I Can't Design All The Diferent Programs And Softsynths, Cause:
          1) I Don't Have All those Synths Or Programs
          2) I don't Have So Much Time
          3) Im Not A User Of those Programs, So I Wont Be Able To Make A "NICE" Interface For The Program (You Know, You Have To Use It For Some Time To Know What Is Better To Put In The controller)

          That's Why I Asked WHO Wanted To Join The Project And Do The Design Of some Of Those.

          Other Option Would Be To Make Pages With Premade Perforations Of The Templates (Those That Have Little Dots So Its So Easy to Remove The Holes) So We Can Print Whatever We Want, And Have The Worst Part (The Cut) Already Done.

          What Option Do You Think Is Better?
          Lets See What Everybody thinks Thru this Week. I Think That the Option Of the Pre-perforated Sheets Is The Best, So We Can Print Them And Mark Them As We Wish. Of Course, We'll Do It In A Heavy Heavy Paper (Photo Paper Style) So It Is Not So Fragile To Be broken. And Still Will Look Good. I Can Give The Template PDF For Everybody To Work On It, So We Can Just Submit The The Things We Have Done (design And Sysx). If Everybody In The List Makes Just ONE, We Get 90 Different Templates!

          What Does Everybody Else Says?

          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 25 10:28 AM
            That's the intent of groups like this, to share knowledge and
            resources, for the common good. With Kaltar's obvious artistic talent,
            his template looks much "sexier" than the basic BCR front panel! I'm
            sure that's a plus for users. I think the text labels are very
            important too, especially for users with multiple uses for their BC
            units. Having printable forms with cutouts would be very nice. It
            seems like behringer is missing the boat on this, by not providing
            these for sale. I would buy a pack of printable blank templates for my
            BCF, as would many other BC users, I'm fairly certain.

            steve