An open invitation to barbershop harmony lovers in Maryland

  • chordz@lycos.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2011
      Dear Friends,

      I am writing to cordially invite all lovers of barbershop harmony
      who are within driving distance of Annapolis, Maryland to spend
      an evening of fellowship and song with the Sons of the Severn.
      We are a vibrant chapter with a rich, 60-year history of
      entertainment and philanthropy in the greater Annapolis area.

      What makes us unique? Many things, but for starters, we strike
      a near-perfect balance between social brotherhood and pursuit
      of musical excellence. And all of our chorus members are
      enthusiastic quartet singers, as well. In fact, quartetting is the
      backbone of our chapter.

      If you are a barbershop singer or enthusiast who is currently
      without a chapter, I urge you to pay us a visit. If you want to be
      more than a nameless face in a riser-bound army, come hang out
      where everyone, including the director, knows your name. And
      witness firsthand why we are called, "The Cure for the Common
      Choir."

      We meet every Tuesday, from 7pm to 10pm, at Annapolis High
      School. 2700 Riva Road, Annapolis, MD 21401. For more
      information, please visit us at www.SingAnnapolis.com.

      In Harmony,

      TJ Barranger
      Director

      The Sons of the Severn
      Annapolis, MD
      The Cure for the Common Choir
      Anne Arundel County, MD Chapter J-003
      Barbershop Harmony Society
      2010 M-AD Western Division Chorus Champion
      2005 - 2010 Mid-Atlantic District Chorus Finalist
      www.singannapolis.com