Re: [bbshop] Re: Mystery (BB) Shopper

  • Stephen Rafe
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 28, 2011
      The more I ponder over this, the more I wonder whether the "mystery" shopper can be expected to do much more than assess how well he was greeted, welcomed, and brought into the fold. For certain, we can't go much beyond that without training a cadre of members who do organizational assessment for a living. And that would have to include special training in how -- with an open mind -- to analyze that chapter in one 2.5-hour session, decide where they stand in terms of their members' expectations and their chapter's Vision, assess the leaders' skills and commitment, examine the dynamics of the inter-relationships among the leaders and between the leaders and their followers, evaluate the relationships between perceptions, goals, and accomplishments toward their annual plan (if they have one), and so much more.

      Perhaps time could be invested in meeting with a chapter's Board, asking all the key questions such as who are you, how are you, how do you know, how do you want to be, how well are you doing in getting there, what's helping out get there, what's not working, what keeps it from working, what are you doing about it, what would you like to do about it, and what do you need in order to do something about it

      That's just a random list. As we say in the research trade, "more study is needed." <G>

      As I've mentioned here previously, I've developed a three-part, 12-question survey that sorts perceptions from preferences in the key areas dealing with both music and administrative concerns. It takes about 15 minutes to conduct at a chapter meeting. I even help chapters analyze and interpret the findings. And for those who complete that step, I have developed a much-deeper survey that enables chapter members to really dig into all of the above questions, on just about every topic affecting our chapters.

      Stephen
      STEPHEN RAFE