Correction.... Re: [bbshop] Not barbershop, but vocal harmony possibly featuring a Society favorite...

  • GSBMedalMusic@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 27 10:26 PM
      I sort of fired off that last note without really thinking.....
      because I remembered that I really did know the better answer.

      And that is.... that the Ron Hicklin Singers did a lot of
      Hollywood-based background singing.
      And yes, apparently Thurl Ravencroft was in on that specific part of the
      singing for the "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid".

      The song is actually entitled "South American Getaway".

      In fact, many of these same singers doubled over into
      the Anita Kerr Singers (do some listening on YouTube, etc.).

      One of the singers - John Bahler - is married to one of the Lennon Sisters.

      My family owned the "Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid" soundtrack in
      8-track form,
      and I played it round and round so many times that I knew what song came next
      and was singing the starting pitch of the next song(s) before they even began?!

      - Helen Giallombardo