Re: Use of Autotune and GLEE

  • John Mallett
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 2, 2010
      Meh...I'm not going to slag off the producers of "Glee" for using autotune.
      Yes, it's there and noticeable, but I'm quite sure the principal reason they
      use it is to keep the production on schedule. It's all very well
      rhapsodizing about how things were lovingly crafted in the good old days,
      but these guys are churning out 22 episodes a season, each with several
      musical numbers.

      Besides, that show has created enormous interest among young people who
      want to sing.....just last month, the Glee cast recording of "Teenage Dream"
      debuted at #1 on the Billboard charts with over 200,000 downloads. And
      here's the kicker for us..... that recording, autotuned or not, is A CAPELLA
      !!!

      As a singing society, we should be riding the Glee wave.....not nit-picking!

      Here's the youtube link:

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E46BhMIRujI

      Four point two

      MILLION

      hits, so far....

      That's a pretty big market, I'd say.

      John Mallett
    • noahvangilder
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 2, 2010
        Hear, hear, John.

        The music on Glee may not be barbershop, but I can promise that the next generation of barbershoppers is out there among the teeming masses of a cappella and show choir kids watching Glee. Pretty much all they need from us is a receptive, welcoming attitude and for the right person to spend an evening singing tags with them or drag them to a chapter meeting a few years down the road.

        -Noah