Re: [bbshop] In need of a key key

  • Shelley Herman
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 2, 2010
      If your turntable is rotating too fast, either you are using a 50Hz
      turntable on 60Hz power or the turntable is defective. If it's a 50Hz
      turntable, contact the manufacturer or a repair station because a different
      drive wheel should be available. If it's defective, the turntable is
      probably not holding a steady speed, so you don't want to try to fix it
      digitally as it will still not sound right.

      That being said, it is not unusual for finished (vinyl) records to be
      slightly faster or slower than the original performance. The recording
      devices of that era were all mechanical (tape, cutting turntables) and there
      was often variations in their speed because of slight imperfections in the
      devices and also the power company often made slight variations in the
      controlling frequency to make sure all clocks kept proper time.

      Shelley Herman
      saherman@...

    • Tgbari@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 3, 2010
        Many thanks to the folks who wrote to let me know that the Four
        Renegades sang Please Don't Talk About Me When I'm Gone in
        the key of C#/Db on the 1965 Top Ten album.

        Now I can convert my albums to CD without having it sound as
        though Ambiance mated with The Chipmunks.

        Tom Gentry
        tgbari@...
        www.harmonize.ws/tgentry

      • barvazoni