autotune

  • markrusch2002
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 2, 2010
      Hi Karen,

      Please don't keep us in suspense. What order did we hear them in???

      Mark
    • Bill Byrd
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 2, 2010
        She mentioned in the comments section she played the alphabetically.
        Bill Byrd

        On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 9:21 AM, markrusch2002 <markrusch@...>wrote:

        > Hi Karen,
        >
        > Please don't keep us in suspense. What order did we hear them in???
        >
        > Mark

      • John Witmer
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 3, 2010
          Now, now Kyle and Jeffrey.
          Would both of you please tell the rest of us what you are talking about in language that we can understand?
          John Witmer
          Clemson Downs
          Clemson, SC

        • John Simpson
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 3, 2010
            I can contain myself no longer. Let's just call it FI/FI -Fake It / Fix It.

          • Jeffrey Reifsnyder
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 3, 2010
              Mathematics and digital signal processing. And apparently very bad attempts
              at humor in the first part of my e-mail. (Oopsie. Trust me, I meant no
              offense to anyone.)

              If you're looking for equations and charts showing the differences between
              raw human voice and what happens after it gets massaged by sound engineers,
              I recommend a good course on wave-based physics. Or shoot me a private
              e-mail and I'll see if I can cook up a good summary. Or ask Kyle, I'm sure
              he can explain just as well as I can.

              Jeffrey Reifsnyder
              e-mail: jayreif@...
              cell: (713) 890 - 2530

              On Fri, Dec 3, 2010 at 2:10 PM, John Witmer <witmer@...> wrote:

              > Now, now Kyle and Jeffrey.
              > Would both of you please tell the rest of us what you are talking about in
              > language that we can understand?
              > John Witmer
              > Clemson Downs
              > Clemson, SC

            • Thomas R. Arneberg
              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 3, 2010
                > From: Jeffrey Reifsnyder <jayreif@...>
                >
                >> Now, now Kyle and Jeffrey.
                >> Would both of you please tell the rest of us what you are talking
                >> about in language that we can understand?
                >
                > Mathematics and digital signal processing. And apparently very bad
                > attempts at humor in the first part of my e-mail. (Oopsie. Trust
                > me, I meant no offense to anyone.)

                Wikipedia has a nice overview:

                http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourier_transform

                (I've forgotten most of this -- it's been almost 30 years since
                college.) (HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE?!)

                - Tom A.
                Thomas R. Arneberg - tom@... - http://arneberg.com
                Sr. Design Engineer, Cray Supercomputers, Chippewa Falls, Wisc.
                "I'd rather be singing in a barbershop quartet!" :-) :-) :-) ;-)
                Baritone, "CHIPS" Quartet -- http://ChipsQuartet.com
              • CVQ Sings
                Message 7 of 8 , Dec 3, 2010
                  There's an entertaining, informative, and hopeful video essay about Autotune,
                  featuring Weird Al Yankovik.

                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYzv-AVi78E

                  Neil

                  ________________________________
                  >> Would both of you please tell the rest of us what you are talking
                  >> about in language that we can understand?
                  >
                  > Mathematics and digital signal processing. And apparently very bad
                  > attempts at humor in the first part of my e-mail. (Oopsie. Trust
                  > me, I meant no offense to anyone.)

                  Wikipedia has a nice overview:

                  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourier_transform

                  (I've forgotten most of this -- it's been almost 30 years since
                  college.) (HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE?!)

                  - Tom A.
                  Thomas R. Arneberg - tom@... - http://arneberg.com
                  Sr. Design Engineer, Cray Supercomputers, Chippewa Falls, Wisc.
                  "I'd rather be singing in a barbershop quartet!" :-) :-) :-) ;-)
                  Baritone, "CHIPS" Quartet -- http://ChipsQuartet.com
                • Harry Buerer
                  Message 8 of 8 , Dec 3, 2010
                    A different arranger is featured on the SemiQuaver starting today: Larry
                    Triplett. See what he's done recently.
                    http://s-quaver.com

                    (If you're an arranger and would like to be featured on this site,
                    please reply privately.)

                    Harry Buerer