Great Lakes Harmony Brigade

  • Mike O'Donnell
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 8, 2010
      Getting ready to head off to Indianapolis this coming weekend for another fantastic Indiana Harmony Brigade and thought you might appreciate a quick update for the Great Lakes Harmony Brigade.

      After only 1 month we now have 92 men who have signed up for the second GLHB next June 3 & 4 in Okemos, MI. If you're a Bass you'll go on the waiting list. Bari's...almost full. Leads - almost 2/3's full.
      Tenors~~just a smidge over half way there. We're accepting 31 men per voice part so...

      Music will be ready to go soon and should be mailed by the first week in December at the latest. This might make a great Christmas present from the wife or kids or an early birthday gift. We know this is one of the best things you can do in you barbershop life so here's your chance to sign up and sing with us. Go to our website at: http://www.GLHB.org/ and click on the apply button.

      BTW, if you're going to be in the Indy area this weekend and want to see a fantastic show featuring the IHB, contact Duane Henry for tickets at: duanehenry@...

      Yours in eXtreme Quartetting,
      Mike O'Donnell, President

      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 15, 2011
        Just got back Sunday afternoon from another exciting weekend at the Indiana Harmony Brigade. It just keeps getting better and better as 113 men would tell 'ya.

        Next up is North Carolina HB in January and then the Great Lakes Harmony Brigade. When I opened my e-mail upon getting home I discovered we have now passed the 1/2 way mark by a large margin. We will be shipping the music and learning CD's by mid-December so, if you haven't registered yet, please visit our website at: http://www.harmonybrigade.org/glhb/ where you will find the registration forms and information about the Charles Rose Scholarship Fund and sponsorship forms if you are a first time Brigader! The dates are 6/1 - 6/3/2012. The location is in Okemos, MI (just S of Lansing).

        Come and join 120+ men all singing in the eXtreme Quartetting tradition started some 20 years ago and now spreading across the country. As I wrote to Duane Henry yesterday regarding the IHB weekend..."It's the most fun a guy can have with his clothes on!"

        See you in June of 2012.

        Yours in XQ,
        Mike O'Donnell, Pres

        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 21, 2011
          Happy Hanukkah, Merry Christmas & Happy New Year from all of us at the Great Lakes Harmony Brigade!

          At this time of year our fondest wish is for all of you to be with loved ones, to be safe and to have your health. It is through song that we all bring the greatest joy to the world we live in when we join together and make beautiful music. Making beautiful music is what all Brigades strive for and we are no different.

          If you haven't made plans yet to attend a Brigade, we hope you will consider the Great Lakes Harmony Brigade next June 1-3, 2012. We will have 11 new songs just waiting for you to sink your teeth into starting in early January. Links to the other Brigades can also be found there if you cannot make the June date.

          If you are a lead or a tenor you will be most welcome as the bass & baritone sections are almost full. Please go to: http://www.harmonybrigade.org/glhb/ There you will find all the registration information you will need. If you have any questions please send me an e-mail and I will try to answer them.

          Yours in eXtreme Quartetting (XQ),
          Mike O'Donnell, Pres
          GLHB

        • Mike O'Donnell
          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 30, 2012
            Just a quick note to say we are still seeking leads and tenors for this years Brigade. The date is: 6/1 - 6/3/2012 and will be in Okemos, Mi just South and East of E. Lansing, MI home of MSU!

            We have a nice problem in that our openings for basses and bari's are now closed and we have a waiting list for both.

            If you wish to attend, please visit our website at: http://www.harmonybrigade.org/glhb/ You are only 2 weeks behind those who have already gotten their music and learning CD's so it's not to late to jump in and start learning these 11 fantastic arrangements!

            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 18, 2012
              Greetings everyone!

              The Great Lakes Harmony Brigade will be having our 4th annual meeting in 2013 at Okemos, MI (near E. Lansing) on 5/31 - 6/2/13. Please visit our website for registration information. We can be found at:
              http://www.harmonybrigade.org/glhb/ If you are not yet a member (we have 47 Charter members) make sure you click on the GLHB Guest Registration link. We'd like you to be sponsored by one of our Charter members and their names can be found at the Charter members link. Please contact me for any questions about this at: BBSMike@...

              We have an exciting lineup of 11 songs. With so many new and existing Brigades to chose from we know it isn't easy to pick from all of them. l can guarantee you you won't be disappointed if Great Lakes is one you chose to come to. Michigan in Springtime is beautiful. Because of the earlier date we will be visiting 4-6 schools in the area on Friday morning to sing for the music classes. This is one of the highlights of the weekend so please plan on coming early to sing with us and spread our hobby to young people.

              We are holding 116 spots open for men who wish to sing all weekend in quartets on the 11 songs you will be sent with your voice part learning CD. These are top level arrangements which will challenge you as a quartet man but, when the weekend is over, you will go home wishing it wasn't ending. The Brigade experience is returning our hobby back to quartetting. Come and join us!

              Yours in XQ (eXtreme Quartetting),
              Mike O'Donnell, President
              Great Lakes Harmony Brigade (GLHB)

            • Mike O'Donnell
              Message 6 of 11 , Dec 24, 2014
                Merry Christmas & Happy New Year everyone from the Great Lakes Harmony Brigade!

                Mike O'Donnell