Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: [bbshop] Re: Choruses qualifying for KC

Expand Messages
  • Bill Kruse
    There have only been 10 wild card choruses the last 3 years.  We had 12 wild card choruses the 3 previous years before that.  10 wild cards certainly have
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 1, 2010
    • 0 Attachment
      There have only been 10 wild card choruses the last 3 years.  We had 12 wild card choruses the 3 previous years before that.  10 wild cards certainly have had nothing to do with the forming of the Carolina's District.  I would however be curious why in 2008 they did switch from 12 wild cards to 10 wild cards?  Could it be that after 10 wild cards the scores started to be below a threshold of acceptance for International competition?


      Bill Kruse - Proud 50 Year Member S.P.E.B.S.Q.S.A
      Westchester Chordsmen / The Alliance / Freshmen Again
      District Delegate / Youth In Harmony VP / Chapter Counselor MAD

      --- On Mon, 11/1/10, Walter D. Dods <walterdods@...> wrote:


      From: Walter D. Dods <walterdods@...>
      Subject: Re: [bbshop] Re: Choruses qualifying for KC
      To: bbshop@yahoogroups.com, "x" <chordbuster@...>
      Date: Monday, November 1, 2010, 1:08 PM


      Hi Guys

      Maybe someone can explain why the amount of wildcard places has been reduced to only 10, surely this cannot be because of creating a new district?

      Walter Dods

      Lead

      Rolling Hills Chorus, Spirit of Harmony, BABS

      &

      The Chorus of the Chesapeake, BHS

      --- On Mon, 1/11/10, x <chordbuster@...> wrote:

      From: x <chordbuster@...>
      Subject: [bbshop] Re: Choruses qualifying for KC
      To: bbshop@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Monday, 1 November, 2010, 17:00







       



       


         
           
           
            The Harmonet Report has been updated.



      --- In bbshop@yahoogroups.com, "tpblead" <tpbuell@...> wrote:

      >

      > The list of choruses as they currently stand is complete on Harmonet Reporter, with the exception of the new Carolina champs.  Carolina will not be sending a wild card, so the 10 wild cards are the same, subject to acceptance of invitations.  Affiliate choruses have not been designated as yet, but you can expect that Zero8, Vocal FX and at one chorus from BABS will be invited.  There could be others, like Aussies, Germans, etc. 

      >

      > Tim Buell

      >

      > --- In bbshop@yahoogroups.com, "chickenita1" <allegromom@> wrote:

      > >

      > > Does anyone know when we can expect a complete listing of all the choruses (champs and wild cards) going to Kansas City?  If this has already been posted here, I apologize.  I'm not a daily Harmonet-er anymore so maybe I missed it.  Thanks.

      > >

      > > Anita Norman

      > > Marietta GA

      > >

      >





         
           

         
         






       





      [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



      ------------------------------------

      Yahoo! Groups Links








      [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
    • Jamie Bedford
      It could also be that the level of performance in international affiliates has been steadily increasing, meaning that more affiliates would be invited and
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 1, 2010
      • 0 Attachment
        It could also be that the level of performance in international affiliates
        has been steadily increasing, meaning that more affiliates would be invited
        and accept as they're aiming for medals. More affiliates, less room for
        wildcards? I'm OK with that.

        Jamie

        On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 2:32 PM, Bill Kruse <Grandpak35@...> wrote:

        >
        >
        > There have only been 10 wild card choruses the last 3 years. We had 12
        > wild card choruses the 3 previous years before that. 10 wild cards
        > certainly have had nothing to do with the forming of the Carolina's
        > District. I would however be curious why in 2008 they did switch from 12
        > wild cards to 10 wild cards? Could it be that after 10 wild cards the
        > scores started to be below a threshold of acceptance for International
        > competition?
        >
        > Bill Kruse - Proud 50 Year Member S.P.E.B.S.Q.S.A
        > Westchester Chordsmen / The Alliance / Freshmen Again
        > District Delegate / Youth In Harmony VP / Chapter Counselor MAD
        >
        >
        > --- On Mon, 11/1/10, Walter D. Dods <walterdods@...<walterdods%40btinternet.com>>
        > wrote:
        >
        > From: Walter D. Dods <walterdods@...<walterdods%40btinternet.com>
        > >
        > Subject: Re: [bbshop] Re: Choruses qualifying for KC
        > To: bbshop@yahoogroups.com <bbshop%40yahoogroups.com>, "x" <
        > chordbuster@... <chordbuster%40comcast.net>>
        > Date: Monday, November 1, 2010, 1:08 PM
        >
        >
        > Hi Guys
        >
        > Maybe someone can explain why the amount of wildcard places has been
        > reduced to only 10, surely this cannot be because of creating a new
        > district?
        >
        > Walter Dods
        >
        > Lead
        >
        > Rolling Hills Chorus, Spirit of Harmony, BABS
        >
        > &
        >
        > The Chorus of the Chesapeake, BHS
        >
        > --- On Mon, 1/11/10, x <chordbuster@...<chordbuster%40comcast.net>>
        > wrote:
        >
        > From: x <chordbuster@... <chordbuster%40comcast.net>>
        > Subject: [bbshop] Re: Choruses qualifying for KC
        > To: bbshop@yahoogroups.com <bbshop%40yahoogroups.com>
        > Date: Monday, 1 November, 2010, 17:00
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        > The Harmonet Report has been updated.
        >
        > --- In bbshop@yahoogroups.com <bbshop%40yahoogroups.com>, "tpblead"
        > <tpbuell@...> wrote:
        >
        > >
        >
        > > The list of choruses as they currently stand is complete on Harmonet
        > Reporter, with the exception of the new Carolina champs. Carolina will not
        > be sending a wild card, so the 10 wild cards are the same, subject to
        > acceptance of invitations. Affiliate choruses have not been designated as
        > yet, but you can expect that Zero8, Vocal FX and at one chorus from BABS
        > will be invited. There could be others, like Aussies, Germans, etc.
        >
        > >
        >
        > > Tim Buell
        >
        > >
        >
        > > --- In bbshop@yahoogroups.com <bbshop%40yahoogroups.com>, "chickenita1"
        > <allegromom@> wrote:
        >
        > > >
        >
        > > > Does anyone know when we can expect a complete listing of all the
        > choruses (champs and wild cards) going to Kansas City? If this has already
        > been posted here, I apologize. I'm not a daily Harmonet-er anymore so maybe
        > I missed it. Thanks.
        >
        > > >
        >
        > > > Anita Norman
        >
        > > > Marietta GA
        >
        > > >
        >
        > >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
        >
        > ------------------------------------
        >
        > Yahoo! Groups Links
        >
        >
        > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
        >
        >
        >


        [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
      • tpblead
        I think Jamie is closest to being on the nose. My remembrance of the discussions when this change was made was that some felt that the chorus contest was
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 1, 2010
        • 0 Attachment
          I think Jamie is closest to being on the nose. My remembrance of the discussions when this change was made was that some felt that the chorus contest was getting to be too long, and was making it hard to fit other things into the schedule.

          Tim

          --- In bbshop@yahoogroups.com, Jamie Bedford <jrbedford@...> wrote:
          >
          > It could also be that the level of performance in international affiliates
          > has been steadily increasing, meaning that more affiliates would be invited
          > and accept as they're aiming for medals. More affiliates, less room for
          > wildcards? I'm OK with that.
          >
          > Jamie
          >
          > On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 2:32 PM, Bill Kruse <Grandpak35@...> wrote:
          >
          > >
          > >
          > > There have only been 10 wild card choruses the last 3 years. We had 12
          > > wild card choruses the 3 previous years before that. 10 wild cards
          > > certainly have had nothing to do with the forming of the Carolina's
          > > District. I would however be curious why in 2008 they did switch from 12
          > > wild cards to 10 wild cards? Could it be that after 10 wild cards the
          > > scores started to be below a threshold of acceptance for International
          > > competition?
          > >
          > > Bill Kruse - Proud 50 Year Member S.P.E.B.S.Q.S.A
          > > Westchester Chordsmen / The Alliance / Freshmen Again
          > > District Delegate / Youth In Harmony VP / Chapter Counselor MAD
          > >
          > >
          > > --- On Mon, 11/1/10, Walter D. Dods <walterdods@...<walterdods%40btinternet.com>>
          > > wrote:
          > >
          > > From: Walter D. Dods <walterdods@...<walterdods%40btinternet.com>
          > > >
          > > Subject: Re: [bbshop] Re: Choruses qualifying for KC
          > > To: bbshop@yahoogroups.com <bbshop%40yahoogroups.com>, "x" <
          > > chordbuster@... <chordbuster%40comcast.net>>
          > > Date: Monday, November 1, 2010, 1:08 PM
          > >
          > >
          > > Hi Guys
          > >
          > > Maybe someone can explain why the amount of wildcard places has been
          > > reduced to only 10, surely this cannot be because of creating a new
          > > district?
          > >
          > > Walter Dods
          > >
          > > Lead
          > >
          > > Rolling Hills Chorus, Spirit of Harmony, BABS
          > >
          > > &
          > >
          > > The Chorus of the Chesapeake, BHS
          > >
          > > --- On Mon, 1/11/10, x <chordbuster@...<chordbuster%40comcast.net>>
          > > wrote:
          > >
          > > From: x <chordbuster@... <chordbuster%40comcast.net>>
          > > Subject: [bbshop] Re: Choruses qualifying for KC
          > > To: bbshop@yahoogroups.com <bbshop%40yahoogroups.com>
          > > Date: Monday, 1 November, 2010, 17:00
          > >
          > >
          > >
          > >
          > >
          > >
          > >
          > >
          > > The Harmonet Report has been updated.
          > >
          > > --- In bbshop@yahoogroups.com <bbshop%40yahoogroups.com>, "tpblead"
          > > <tpbuell@> wrote:
          > >
          > > >
          > >
          > > > The list of choruses as they currently stand is complete on Harmonet
          > > Reporter, with the exception of the new Carolina champs. Carolina will not
          > > be sending a wild card, so the 10 wild cards are the same, subject to
          > > acceptance of invitations. Affiliate choruses have not been designated as
          > > yet, but you can expect that Zero8, Vocal FX and at one chorus from BABS
          > > will be invited. There could be others, like Aussies, Germans, etc.
          > >
          > > >
          > >
          > > > Tim Buell
          > >
          > > >
          > >
          > > > --- In bbshop@yahoogroups.com <bbshop%40yahoogroups.com>, "chickenita1"
          > > <allegromom@> wrote:
          > >
          > > > >
          > >
          > > > > Does anyone know when we can expect a complete listing of all the
          > > choruses (champs and wild cards) going to Kansas City? If this has already
          > > been posted here, I apologize. I'm not a daily Harmonet-er anymore so maybe
          > > I missed it. Thanks.
          > >
          > > > >
          > >
          > > > > Anita Norman
          > >
          > > > > Marietta GA
          > >
          > > > >
          > >
          > > >
          > >
          > >
          > >
          > >
          > >
          > >
          > >
          > >
          > >
          > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
          > >
          > > ------------------------------------
          > >
          > > Yahoo! Groups Links
          > >
          > >
          > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
          > >
          > >
          > >
          >
          >
          > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
          >
        Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.