Call For Quartetting Reports-December GUBOQS Gazette

  • Casey Parker
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2010
      11/1/10
      Call For Quartetting Reports- December GUBOQS Gazette
      Send your Chapter Quartetting Program for inclusion

      To: Harmonetters,SPEBnet,AHSOWnet,BQPA;
      Cc:Mark Sheldon,BarbershopQuartet,FWD
      Bcc: Distr LS, Authors

      This is the call for papers for the December 2010 issue of the GUBOQS
      Gazette*, an independent pro-quartet publication. We publish success
      stories describing regular quartet encouragement sessions held during
      SPEBSQSA chapter meetings. We seek creative ideas to share, which
      influence members to experience quartetting. Authors receive free
      introductory issues

      Do your quartet sessions give every member an opportunity to sing
      with three others at every meeting? Email me a one page article
      describing your program. The target date for your article is two
      weeks from today.

      Thank you,

      Casey Parker
      Editor
      GUBOQS Gazette
      mailto:caseypar@...

      *PS - Subscriptions ($10 via email) are available from:
      C. Parker
      305 Vineyard T,C. Way 113
      Morgan Hill, CA 95037

      1. Send the following email: [click the blue]

      mailto:SPEBnet-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      2. In the Yahoo! reply, use this method to subscribe:

      "(1) Go to the Yahoo! Groups site by clicking on the blue link: "

      3. DO NOT USE THE 'REPLY' METHOD!

      4. In the "comment to owner" block, enter your
      real name and SPEBSQSA member number.

      5. Complete the form & click "Join" at the end.
      You will receive a confirming email.
      Thank you for your cooperation.

      Casey Parker
      SPEBnet Moderator

      PS - If you are not now a member of
      any Yahoo! group, please first join Yahoo! at.
      ------------------------------------last issue TOC---------------------
      The GUBOQS Gazette
      An occasional publication of the GUBOQS Group
      (Get Us Back Our QUARTET Society, formerly GUBOS)
      Volume 22, Issue
      1
      September 2010
      Dedicated to the interchange of ideas on restoring quartetting to spebsQsa
      ******************
      TABLE OF CONTENTS
      CONCORD MA HAS QUARTET ORIENTED MUSIC TEAM
      By Lee Daum

      "E-HARMONY" FOR QUARTETS: QUARTETMATCHUP.COM
      by Tom McHugh

      DISTRICT QUARTET ACTIVITY CHAIRMAN
      by Keith Eckhardt

      THE FALL BQPA QUARTET FESTIVAL IS ON THE HORIZON
      by Jack Martin

      BARBERSHOP IS A STYLE NOT A SONG
      by Joe Liles

      THE SOUTHERN CAL COMEDY QUARTET CONTEST RETURNS !
      By Mark Sheldon, Orange Quartet Chapter Public Relations VP

      DEPARTMENT OF CORECTIONS:

      The GUBOQS Gazette
      C. Parker, Editor
      305 Vineyard Town Ctr #113
      Morgan Hill, CA 95037
      RETURN SERVICE REQUESTED

      MUSIC AVAILABLE FOR A SONG
      NEW -Harmony Song Index- 8,560 Song Titles with, Composer & Year,
      My Harmony Archive has 6,000 arrangements and 10,000 harmony type
      piano-vocals. The Harmony Archive has available
      four-part songbooks and Harmony Guides for sale. Did you know that
      pre-1923 songs are Public Domain, hence have no royalties or
      fees? Sheet Music prior to 1923 often included four part
      arrangements. We have 200.
      From the Society Code of Ethics: "...The Society aspires to preserve
      for its members and for all future generations of prospective members
      the sacred right of men to seek haven from the burden of their daily
      cares through indulgence in old fashioned vocal quartet harmony....."
      HELP FOUND: Mark Sheldon ASSOCIATE EDITOR. Award winning Orange
      Bulletin Editor He will edit and write articles on Quartetting, & Editorials.
      Email an article <caseypar@...>or <oqcmark@...>
      Founders: Jack Baird, Charlie Johnson, Mark Lubart, John Mill, Max
      Minor (deceased), Dave Mohr, Tom Neal, Joe Shekleton, Fred Storck, Dick Stuart.