RE: [bbshop] Bill Biffel's "Aha" Moment

  • Ev Nau
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 30, 2010
      When you find it, it will be your "aha!" moment. <G>

      Ev Nau

      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 1, 2010
        I found it!! I knew if I were to go to the website I'd stumble on it. All you peeps have to do is go click on the AHA tour on the left hand side of the home page; scroll down a little and you'll see it with
        a pic of our US Map. Just click on it and it takes you to all the contestants. There are four pages of contestants apparently. Biffle
        is listed on the second page and there he is title is something to do
        with barbershop harmony. Then there are one of two boxes and the one on the left says to vote. That's the one you click on.
        Gooooo Biffle!! :D

        Cindy S
        Lead of Twin Cities Show Chorus

        --- In bbshop@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Knapp" <quartetmania@...> wrote:

        > Livewire wants us to vote for Bill Biffle on the Mutual of Omaha website, but I don't know where we are supposed to find it. Anybody know? http://www.ahamoment.com/
        >
        > Dave

      • Bill Byrd
        Message 3 of 12 , Oct 1, 2010
          http://www.ahamoment.com/pg/voting?city=albuquerque,+nm
          A direct link to Bill's AHA moment.
          Bill Byrd

          On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 7:18 AM, addiedrummer <thbeatgozon69@...>wrote:

          > I found it!! I knew if I were to go to the website I'd stumble on it. All
          > you peeps have to do is go click on the AHA tour on the left hand side of
          > the home page; scroll down a little and you'll see it with
          > a pic of our US Map. Just click on it and it takes you to all the
          > contestants. There are four pages of contestants apparently. Biffle
          > is listed on the second page and there he is title is something to do
          > with barbershop harmony. Then there are one of two boxes and the one on the
          > left says to vote. That's the one you click on.
          > Gooooo Biffle!! :D
          >
          > Cindy S
          > Lead of Twin Cities Show Chorus
          >

          > --- In bbshop@yahoogroups.com <bbshop%40yahoogroups.com>, "Dave Knapp"
          > <quartetmania@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Livewire wants us to vote for Bill Biffle on the Mutual of Omaha website,
          > but I don't know where we are supposed to find it. Anybody know?
          > http://www.ahamoment.com/
          > >
          > > Dave

        • John Witmer
          Message 4 of 12 , Oct 1, 2010
            Ok, I found it, I became a "member"; but how do you vote? There are icons to "share" but no icons for voting.

            John Witmer
            Clemson Downs
            Clemson, SC

          • Michael Ho
            Message 5 of 12 , Oct 1, 2010
              You don't have to become a member to vote. You should see both a "vote"
              button and a "share >" button underneath Bill's picture at this site:
              http://www.ahamoment.com/pg/voting?city=albuquerque,+nm

              Is your browser's Flash player up to date? Do you have cookies enabled (so
              that they can discourage people from voting multiple times per day)? Do you
              need new glasses =P?

              <http://www.ahamoment.com/pg/voting?city=albuquerque,+nm>-Michael Ho

              On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 11:03 AM, John Witmer <witmer@...> wrote:

              > Ok, I found it, I became a "member"; but how do you vote? There are icons
              > to "share" but no icons for voting.
              >
              > John Witmer
              > Clemson Downs
              > Clemson, SC

            • themcalexanders
              Message 6 of 12 , Oct 1, 2010
                Hover over Bill's picture, and you'll see a Play button. Click on that to watch the video, then it will give you the Vote option. It wasn't on my screen, either, until after I watched the video.

                Ann McAlexander
                etc.

                --- In bbshop@yahoogroups.com, "John Witmer" <witmer@...> wrote:

                > Ok, I found it, I became a "member"; but how do you vote? There are icons to "share" but no icons for voting.
                >
                > John Witmer
                > Clemson Downs
                > Clemson, SC

              • John Witmer
                Message 7 of 12 , Oct 1, 2010
                  Hey Michael and Ann,
                  The "vote" button never appeared but I took a shot and clicked in the blank space to the left of the "share" button. There seemed to be no reaction, but the 2nd time I did that, it said I had already voted. Duh!
                  John Witmer
                  Clemson Downs
                  Clemson, SC

                • Michael Ho
                  Message 8 of 12 , Oct 1, 2010
                    Technology strikes again!

                    -Michael

                    On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 1:10 PM, John Witmer <witmer@...> wrote:

                    > Hey Michael and Ann,
                    > The "vote" button never appeared but I took a shot and clicked in the blank
                    > space to the left of the "share" button. There seemed to be no reaction, but
                    > the 2nd time I did that, it said I had already voted. Duh!
                    >
                    > John Witmer
                    > Clemson Downs
                    > Clemson, SC

                  • Dave Knapp
                    Message 9 of 12 , Oct 1, 2010
                      The website must hate me. No matter how I try to get in to vote, I get a blank page returned, so I can't vote. I hope Bill doesn't lose by one vote.

                      Dave

                      --- In bbshop@yahoogroups.com, Bill Byrd <wlbyrd@...> wrote:

                      > http://www.ahamoment.com/pg/voting?city=albuquerque,+nm
                      > A direct link to Bill's AHA moment.
                      > Bill Byrd
                      >
                      > On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 7:18 AM, addiedrummer <thbeatgozon69@...>wrote:
                      >

                      > > I found it!! I knew if I were to go to the website I'd stumble on it. All
                      > > you peeps have to do is go click on the AHA tour on the left hand side of
                      > > the home page; scroll down a little and you'll see it with
                      > > a pic of our US Map. Just click on it and it takes you to all the
                      > > contestants. There are four pages of contestants apparently. Biffle
                      > > is listed on the second page and there he is title is something to do
                      > > with barbershop harmony. Then there are one of two boxes and the one on the
                      > > left says to vote. That's the one you click on.
                      > > Gooooo Biffle!! :D
                      > >
                      > > Cindy S
                      > > Lead of Twin Cities Show Chorus
                      > >

                      > > --- In bbshop@yahoogroups.com <bbshop%40yahoogroups.com>, "Dave Knapp"
                      > > <quartetmania@> wrote:
                      > > >
                      > > > Livewire wants us to vote for Bill Biffle on the Mutual of Omaha website,
                      > > but I don't know where we are supposed to find it. Anybody know?
                      > > http://www.ahamoment.com/
                      > > >
                      > > > Dave

                    • Brian Gordon
                      Message 10 of 12 , Oct 1, 2010
                        On Fri, Oct 01, 2010 at 11:49:17PM -0000, Dave Knapp wrote:
                        > The website must hate me. No matter how I try to get in to vote, I get a blank page returned, so I can't vote. I hope Bill doesn't lose by one vote.

                        I know what you mean. I spent 45 minutes!! with various addresses from mail
                        here, and three different browsers, and never got to a reasonable place :-(

                        --
                        +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
                        | Brian Gordon -->briang@...<-- brian dot gordon at cox dot net |
                        Message 11 of 12 , Oct 2, 2010
                          At 07:50 AM 10/1/2010, Bill Byrd wrote:
                          >http://www.ahamoment.com/pg/voting?city=albuquerque,+nm
                          >A direct link to Bill's AHA moment.
                          >Bill Byrd

                          I finally got in here (after getting home from our Sweet Adelines Region 3
                          fall education workshop) and voted!!!

                          Maybe bandwidth traffic is so light on the Mutual of Omaha site
                          tonight since there are 5 BHS Dist. contests going on this weekend!
                          Everyone's still hanging out partying and tagging this time of night!
                          ;-)

                          - Helen Giallombardo
                          Music Dir., Spring Valley Chorus
                          Baritone & Risers/House Mgr., Melodeers Chorus