Re: [bbshop] Youth Enrichment Program---Pt. 5.1----The FREE ticket gambit

  • John D
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 31, 2010
      We actually did it one year for our Xmas show that is how my sin got involved he was 10 at the time now he is still having fun and still a member of the chorus and we do singing valentines together every year

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Aug 31, 2010, at 2:16 PM, "Montana Jack Fitzpatrick" <mtjack@...> wrote:

      > Just a couple of quick thoughts about our kids and ways to enrich their lives with our music and a whole lot of singing!
      >
      > Each chapter should consider setting aside a number of seats to their annual show---just for the kids----at reduced prices or free!
      >
      > Get in touch with your local Music Educator (who should get the first free ticket) and ask him/her to nominate/identify some of the best vocal students for a free or reduced price ticket to your show. Provide the ME with the music to one of your songs and ask the free ticket kids to join you for a couple of rehearsals and in singing the song on the show. Ask them to bring their Dads along.
      >
      > Free tickets for any father who accompanies their student to the show.
      >
      > There are a million ways to use the free ticket gambit. Brainstorm the idea with your chapter members and try some of your own. Let us know your ideas and how they worked out for your chapter.
      >
      > Make this special year, the one where you use maximum effort to help bring in the kids. Shoot for the moon and you might just find a star!
      >
      > Blessings to all, keep me posted.
      >
      > Montana Jack, keeping the faith and keeping it barbershop

    • Montana Jack Fitzpatrick
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 31, 2010
        Ann,

        Great stuff. Great stories. Wonderful. We got off to a slow start last year because we started a little late in the school and social year.

        However, this year I am hearing great things from every corner of the U. S. and Canada.

        Let's keep it rocking out there and bring in to the kids!

        Thanks again Ann for sharing and thanks to those dedicated brigade guys for reaching out and touching the local schools.

        I hope the other Brigades are listening and will make this a part of the agenda for their next gathering.

        Blessings to everyone. I'm getting excited here!!!

        Montana Jack, keeping the faith and keeping it barbershop

      • Leaderman
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 1, 2010
          I'm not sure I would have publicly confessed a sin like that! {;-)>

          --
          Sing-cerely& Humm-bly,

          John Elving
          VP Mus.& Perf.