Angels Sing Along With Mitch

  • Casey Parker
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 3, 2010
      8/3/10
      Singers
      The man who did more to Keep America Singing was Mitch Miller.
      We would tune in to his program and Sing Along With Mitch.
      I bought most of his albums. They had tear out sheets of lyrics.
      He just died at the age of 99. I suspect he is still singing somewhere.
      Casey Parker, Harmony Archivist
      HARMONY ARCHIVES

      --------------------------Sing Along With Mitch-------------------
      Tracks Audio Video Lyrics
      01. That Old Gang of Mine
      02. Bidin' My Time
      03. Harbor Lights
      04. I Wonder Who's Kissing Her Now
      05. Beer Barrel Polka
      06. Back in Your Own Backyard
      07. Don't Sit Under the Apple Tree (With Anyone Else But Me)
      08. Moonlight Bay/There's Yes! Yes! In Your Eyes
      09. On Top of Old Smoky
      10. Ain't We Got Fun
      11. When You and I Were Young, Maggie
      12. K-K-K-Katy
      13. Carolina in the Morning
      14. Jeannine (I Dream of Lilac Time)
      15. My Darling Clementine
      16. Mairzy Doats
      17. Anniversary Song
      18. Down by the Old Mill Stream
      19. Red River Valley
      20. Beautiful Ohio
      21. The Gang That Sang "Heart of My Heart"
      22. I'm Looking Over a Four-Leaf Clover
      23. You Are My Sunshine
      24. I Love You Truly
      25. Baby Face
      26. When the Red, Red Robin Comes Bob, Bob, Bobbin' Along
      27. Jeepers Creepers
      28. I'll Take You Home Again, Kathleen
      29. Don't Bring Lulu
      30. My Buddy
      31. You Oughta Be in Pictures
      32. Now Is the Hour
      33. Side by Side
      34. I Dream of Jeannie With the Light Brown Hair
      35. It's Only a Paper Moon
      36. Goodnight Sweetheart
    • Phil Richards
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 3, 2010
        It occurred to me when I saw the report of Mitch's death, that he,
        probably more than any other individual, helped sustain the interest in
        barbershop harmony through the sixties and seventies because so many
        became familiar with the old songs, and the ease of harmonizing through
        seeing and hearing his programs. That may be one reason why the
        membership is waning now that he is long forgotten, and we have to
        struggle to convince younger members of the fun of harmonizing. People
        are no longer searching for a place to harmonize, they now need to be
        convinced of the joy of it.

        Phil Richards

      • Alan L. Woods, MD, ND
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 3, 2010
          Casey and all,
          Great job.  I'm sure all of us old enough to remember Mitch Miller, remember fondly his shows and tremendous contribution to bbsq singing.  Also, Ed Sullivan had the International champs on his show every year.
          With # 16 below, the songs words are, "Mares eat oats and does eat oats and little lambs eat ivy".
          Thanks and God bless all,
          Doc

          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 3, 2010
            and
            " A kid'll eat ivy too."
            Keeper of words,
            Nancy Foris
            On 8/3/2010 10:48 AM, Alan L. Woods, MD, ND wrote:

            > Casey and all,
            > Great job. I'm sure all of us old enough to remember Mitch Miller,
            > remember fondly his shows and tremendous contribution to bbsq
            > singing. Also, Ed Sullivan had the International champs on his show
            > every year.
            > With # 16 below, the songs words are, "Mares eat oats and does eat
            > oats and little lambs eat ivy".
            > Thanks and God bless all,
            > Doc
            >
            > --- On Tue, 8/3/10, Casey Parker <caseypar@...
            > <mailto:caseypar%40garlic.com>> wrote:
            >
            > From: Casey Parker <caseypar@... <mailto:caseypar%40garlic.com>>
            > Subject: [bbshop] Angels Sing Along With Mitch
            > To: "Harmonette1-01" <bbshop@yahoogroups.com
            > <mailto:bbshop%40yahoogroups.com>>
            > Cc: "SPEBnet 8-17-04" <SPEBnet@yahoogroups.com
            > <mailto:SPEBnet%40yahoogroups.com>>
            > Date: Tuesday, August 3, 2010, 10:42 AM
            >

            > 8/3/10
            > Singers
            > The man who did more to Keep America Singing was Mitch Miller.
            > We would tune in to his program and Sing Along With Mitch.
            > I bought most of his albums. They had tear out sheets of lyrics.
            > He just died at the age of 99. I suspect he is still singing somewhere.
            > Casey Parker, Harmony Archivist
            > HARMONY ARCHIVES
            >
            > --------------------------Sing Along With Mitch-------------------
            > Tracks Audio Video Lyrics
            > 01. That Old Gang of Mine
            > 02. Bidin' My Time
            > 03. Harbor Lights
            > 04. I Wonder Who's Kissing Her Now
            > 05. Beer Barrel Polka
            > 06. Back in Your Own Backyard
            > 07. Don't Sit Under the Apple Tree (With Anyone Else But Me)
            > 08. Moonlight Bay/There's Yes! Yes! In Your Eyes
            > 09. On Top of Old Smoky
            > 10. Ain't We Got Fun
            > 11. When You and I Were Young, Maggie
            > 12. K-K-K-Katy
            > 13. Carolina in the Morning
            > 14. Jeannine (I Dream of Lilac Time)
            > 15. My Darling Clementine
            > 16. Mairzy Doats
            > 17. Anniversary Song
            > 18. Down by the Old Mill Stream
            > 19. Red River Valley
            > 20. Beautiful Ohio
            > 21. The Gang That Sang "Heart of My Heart"
            > 22. I'm Looking Over a Four-Leaf Clover
            > 23. You Are My Sunshine
            > 24. I Love You Truly
            > 25. Baby Face
            > 26. When the Red, Red Robin Comes Bob, Bob, Bobbin' Along
            > 27. Jeepers Creepers
            > 28. I'll Take You Home Again, Kathleen
            > 29. Don't Bring Lulu
            > 30. My Buddy
            > 31. You Oughta Be in Pictures
            > 32. Now Is the Hour
            > 33. Side by Side
            > 34. I Dream of Jeannie With the Light Brown Hair
            > 35. It's Only a Paper Moon
            > 36. Goodnight Sweetheart

          • Nancy K Foris
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 3, 2010
              Almost forgot the very last, "Wouldn't you?"