BQPA Quartet Festival, on the Horizon

  • Jack W. Martin
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 2, 2010
      To all my Barbershop Friends

      The Barbershop Quartet Preservation Association (BQPA) will again host a
      Quartet Festival (convention) in Chicago, Illinois on September 8-9-10-11,
      2010). It will be wall to wall quarteting through out the weekend There
      will be an impromptu ( luck of the draw) quartet contest on Friday night,
      where you will not know who you are singing with until three hours before
      the contest. Lots of good singing and laughs in an afterglow atmosphere.

      A parade of organized quartets show will be held on Saturday night.
      Contact the Chicago Festival chairman, Gerry Carroll ( "Gerry Carroll" <
      gerrycarroll@...>, ) or co-chairman , Lynn Hauldren,
      847-570-0848 - elhaul@.... if your organized quartet would like
      to sing on the show!

      We will also have a golf tournament scheduled for both Thursday and Friday
      morning. Sing on every Tee ! Contact our golf chairman,Dave Brady. He can
      be reached at 847-259-3338 or evansdad100@....

      If you enjoy quarteting, some authentic woodshedding opportunities, rubbing
      elbows with several of our SPEBSQSA past champs and more important, sharing
      fellowship with many of your friends from all over the world, the Sept.
      2010, BQPA Quartet Festival is the place to be.

      Our semi-annual Quartet Festivals (conventions) have been large successes
      for almost 3 decades, and especially the past 30 months. We are expecting a
      record number of singers to attend as our membership continues to grow. We
      had a record number of singers (150+) attending our Quartet Festival in
      Tempe AZ. in April of 2010. It was truly a wonderful gathering of
      Barbershop singers. Our membership and participation is increasing every
      year

      The Quartet Festival will be held at the Ramada Hotel & Conference Center,
      1600 Oakton Street, Elk Grove Village, Illinois 60007 Telephone for
      Reservations:
      1-847-981-0010 or (Fax) 1-847-364-7365. tell them you are with the
      BQPA and reserve a room for $59.00

      Book your room early to be sure to get the convention rate. This facility
      has a very liberal cancellation policy, should you have to cancel at the
      last minute.

      Everyone is welcome to attend.

      For further information, please visit the events page of the BQPA website,
      www.BQPA.com <http://www.bqpa.com/>

      In Harmony
      Jack Martin, President
      BQPA