B-flat tooth?

  • Bert Laurence
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 29, 2010
      A Discussion List For Those Interested in Barbershop HarmonyI'm thinking of having a dental implant that replaces a damaged tooth with a ceramic tooth on a post cemented into the jaw. Is there a Barbershopper dentist out there that can tell me if that might change the resonance of the jaw/mouth? Further, can I "tune" the new ceramic tooth to resonate at B-flat (remember the wind chime thread ;-)? Inquiring minds want to know.

      Bert

    • Lynn Trapp
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 29, 2010
        It might drive you bananas to have a tooth resonating in Bb if you were singing
        a song in A. LOL

        Lynn Trapp
        712-540-7185
        Lead - Stay Tuned!
        Lead/Asst. Director - Pittsburgh Metro Chapter, Barbershop Harmony Society
        Steel City Harmonizers

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 29, 2010
          And would the pitch lessen by a few cents as the tooth wore.....??
          Joe Brad

        • GSBMedalMusic@comcast.net
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 29, 2010
            >A Discussion List For Those Interested in Barbershop HarmonyI'm
            >thinking of having a dental implant that replaces a damaged tooth
            >with a ceramic tooth on a post cemented into the jaw. Is there a
            >Barbershopper dentist out there that can tell me if that might
            >change the resonance of the jaw/mouth? Further, can I "tune" the new
            >ceramic tooth to resonate at B-flat (remember the wind chime thread
            >;-)? Inquiring minds want to know.
            >
            >Bert

            RIP Herb Bayles, our favorite RV-driving wind-chimes-building barbershopper!

            - Helen Giallombardo
            HarmoNet vet and Herb Bayles fan
          • Timothy J Fagan
            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 29, 2010
              C'mon Bert. Go the distance and have the new tooth crafted so that a steady stream of forced breath through it results in a b-flat! You'll amaze judges and audiences everywhere with no need for a pesky carry-along device from which to obtain your pitch!

              --Timster--

              Sent from my iPhone

              On Jul 29, 2010, at 11:23 AM, "Bert Laurence" <b.laurence@...> wrote:

              > A Discussion List For Those Interested in Barbershop HarmonyI'm thinking of having a dental implant that replaces a damaged tooth with a ceramic tooth on a post cemented into the jaw. Is there a Barbershopper dentist out there that can tell me if that might change the resonance of the jaw/mouth? Further, can I "tune" the new ceramic tooth to resonate at B-flat (remember the wind chime thread ;-)? Inquiring minds want to know.
              >
              > Bert

            • William Weldon
              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 29, 2010
                Y'know, barbershopping has become more than a way of life when you're wondering
                if a tooth implant might change the resonance of your jaw/mouth.  :-)

                Bill Weldon
                Former Member, Dayton Metro Chapter, BHS

                ________________________________

                Message 7 of 10 , Jul 29, 2010
                  "barbershopping has become more than a way of life when you're wondering if a tooth implant might change the resonance of your jaw/mouth."

                  Bill, and your point is?
                  <grin>
                  John Witmer
                  Clemson Downs
                  Clemson, SC

                • David Miller
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jul 31, 2010
                    I would hold out till next year when the price will drop on this years model
                    the new Auto resonant enamel incisor post x500.

                    Next years model will have the new "Techo Auto Tuner 3Bb" to allow for
                    free key changes and starting pitches in other keys , F and Eb. For an
                    extra fee, a module can be added for Baritone wannabe's . This will auto
                    tune the barbershop 7th's and 5ths .
                    This will be attached to the auto nervous system to allow the shoulder to
                    auto rise when used in tuning.

                    Now to find an enamel post that will post on the tags..

                    sorry ...

                    On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 9:47 PM, William Weldon <wjweldon@...>wrote:

                    > Y'know, barbershopping has become more than a way of life when you're
                    > wondering
                    > if a tooth implant might change the resonance of your jaw/mouth. :-)
                    >
                    > Bill Weldon
                    > Former Member, Dayton Metro Chapter, BHS
                    >

                    > ________________________________
                    > From: joe bradbury <jbradbari@... <jbradbari%40gmail.com>>

                    David M. Miller

                    Musical Director, Mason~Dixon Chorus, BHS
                    http://www.masondixonbarbershop.com

                  • Tom Noble IV
                    Message 9 of 10 , Aug 1, 2010
                      But what about automatically raising the left eyebrow, like Buzz Haeger?

                      Barily yours,

                      Tom Noble

                      popziv@...

                    • Lynn Trapp