BQPA Quartet Festival, on the Horizon

  • Jack W. Martin
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 13, 2010
      To all my Barbershop Buddies,

      The Barbershop Quartet Preservation Association (BQPA) will again host a
      Quartet Festival (convention) in Chicago, Illinois on September 8-9-10-11,
      2010). It will be wall to wall quarteting through out the weekend There
      will be an impromptu ( luck of the draw) quartet contest on Friday night,
      where you will not know who you are singing with until three hours before
      the contest. Lots of good singing and laughs in an afterglow atmosphere.
      A parade of organized quartets show will be held on Saturday night.
      Contact the Chicago Festival chairman, Gerry Carroll ( "Gerry Carroll" <
      gerrycarroll@...>, ) if your organized quartet would like to sing
      on the show! We will also have a golf tournament scheduled for Friday
      morning. Sing on every Tee!

      If you enjoy quarteting, some authentic woodshedding opportunities, rubbing
      elbows with several of our SPEBSQSA past champs and more important, sharing
      fellowship with many of your friends from all over the country, the Sept.
      2010, BQPA Quartet Festival is the place to be.

      Our biannual Quartet Festivals (conventions) have been large successes for
      almost 3 decades, and especially the past 30 months. We are expecting a
      record number of singers to attend as our membership continues to grow. We
      had a record number of singers (150+) attending our Quartet Festival in
      Tempe AZ. in Aprl of 2010. It was truly a wonderful gathering of Barbershop
      singers. Our membership and participation is increasing every year

      The Quartet Festival will be held at the Ramada Hotel & Conference Center,
      1600 Oakton Street, Elk Grove Village, Illinois 60007 Telephone for
      Reservations:
      1-847-981-0010 or 1847-364-7365

      Book your room early to be sure to get the convention rate. This facility
      has a very liberal cancellation policy, should you have to cancel at the
      last minute.

      For further information, please visit the events page of the BQPA website,
      www.BQPA.com <http://www.bqpa.com/>

      In Harmony
      Jack Martin, President
      BQPA

    • Jack W. Martin
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 13, 2010
        Hi Jerry, Thanks for the correction. It's rare that I don't screw up some
        where along the line. I am going to let this one ride as the Fax number is
        noted on the website.
        In Harmony
        Jack

      • Jack W. Martin
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 2, 2010
          To all my Barbershop Friends

          The Barbershop Quartet Preservation Association (BQPA) will again host a
          Quartet Festival (convention) in Chicago, Illinois on September 8-9-10-11,
          2010). It will be wall to wall quarteting through out the weekend There
          will be an impromptu ( luck of the draw) quartet contest on Friday night,
          where you will not know who you are singing with until three hours before
          the contest. Lots of good singing and laughs in an afterglow atmosphere.

          A parade of organized quartets show will be held on Saturday night.
          Contact the Chicago Festival chairman, Gerry Carroll ( "Gerry Carroll" <
          gerrycarroll@...>, ) or co-chairman , Lynn Hauldren,
          847-570-0848 - elhaul@.... if your organized quartet would like
          to sing on the show!

          We will also have a golf tournament scheduled for both Thursday and Friday
          morning. Sing on every Tee ! Contact our golf chairman,Dave Brady. He can
          be reached at 847-259-3338 or evansdad100@....

          If you enjoy quarteting, some authentic woodshedding opportunities, rubbing
          elbows with several of our SPEBSQSA past champs and more important, sharing
          fellowship with many of your friends from all over the world, the Sept.
          2010, BQPA Quartet Festival is the place to be.

          Our semi-annual Quartet Festivals (conventions) have been large successes
          for almost 3 decades, and especially the past 30 months. We are expecting a
          record number of singers to attend as our membership continues to grow. We
          had a record number of singers (150+) attending our Quartet Festival in
          Tempe AZ. in April of 2010. It was truly a wonderful gathering of
          Barbershop singers. Our membership and participation is increasing every
          year

          The Quartet Festival will be held at the Ramada Hotel & Conference Center,
          1600 Oakton Street, Elk Grove Village, Illinois 60007 Telephone for
          Reservations:
          1-847-981-0010 or (Fax) 1-847-364-7365. tell them you are with the
          BQPA and reserve a room for $59.00

          Book your room early to be sure to get the convention rate. This facility
          has a very liberal cancellation policy, should you have to cancel at the
          last minute.

          Everyone is welcome to attend.