Re: help! desperately seeking quartet NAME

  • tpblead
    Message 1 of 21 , Apr 1, 2010
      Ok. For those of us NOT from the Greater New York area, Huh?

      Help a guy out.

      Tim Buell

      BTW, I did count. There are 14. What does that have to do with it?

      --- In bbshop@yahoogroups.com, "onined" <onined@...> wrote:

      > I'm going to guess it's pronounced with a New York accent. (Hint: count 'em)
      >
      > Clever kids.
      >
      > Now get off my lawn.
      >

      > --- In bbshop@yahoogroups.com, "Marti Lovejoy" <lovejoymar@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Very clever BUT... I give up... how does an emcee pronounce #17???
      > >

      > -----snip-----
      >

      > > 17. - HHHHHHHHHHHHHH (CBQC + Division II)

    • Timothy J Fagan
      Message 2 of 21 , Apr 1, 2010
        Tim,

        Exactly - there are 14 of them. 14 'what'? Say it all together slowly - it
        should sink in quickly.

        That is definitely one of the more clever names I've ever seen! J

        --Timster-

        (Kinda makes me wish I was 25 years younger so I could be in a group with
        that name)

        --- In bbshop@yahoogroups.com <mailto:bbshop%40yahoogroups.com> , "onined"

        Message 3 of 21 , Apr 1, 2010
          Oh!! And I used to be the smartest guy on my block. Guess I've gotten old. lol

          Tim

          --- In bbshop@yahoogroups.com, "Timothy J Fagan" <timstergm@...> wrote:

          > Tim,
          >

          > Exactly - there are 14 of them. 14 'what'? Say it all together slowly - it
          > should sink in quickly.
          >

          > That is definitely one of the more clever names I've ever seen! J
          >

          > --Timster-
          >

          > (Kinda makes me wish I was 25 years younger so I could be in a group with
          > that name)

        • Donna Taylor
          Message 4 of 21 , Apr 1, 2010
            Now that's clever!

            Donna

            > --- In bbshop@yahoogroups.com,
            > "Timothy J Fagan" <timstergm@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > Tim,
            > >

            > > Exactly - there are 14 of them. 14 'what'? Say it all
            > together slowly - it
            > > should sink in quickly.
            > >

            > > That is definitely one of the more clever names I've
            > ever seen! J
            > >

            > > --Timster-
            > >

            > > (Kinda makes me wish I was 25 years younger so I could
            > be in a group with
            > > that name)
            > >

            > > From: bbshop@yahoogroups.com

          • Larry Triplett
            Message 5 of 21 , Apr 1, 2010
              My favorite quartet name, from the latest North Carolina Harmony Brigade
              (where guys have about 5 minutes to agree on a name before competing):

              I Can't Believe It's Not Better!
              --

              Larry Triplett

              Durham, NC
              General Assembly Chorus
            • SlickerLeadQ
              Message 6 of 21 , Apr 19, 2010
                A friend of mine use to say he always wanted to name a quartet....
                The Next Quartet of the Evening so the MC would say "And now ladies and gentlemen, the next quartet of the evening is..... The Next Quartet of the Evening."

                Harmony-us-ly, BobCaldwell @ email . com
              • GSBMedalMusic@comcast.net
                Message 7 of 21 , Apr 19, 2010
                  That's right up there with....
                  "And now..... All the Way from Chicago!"
                  which was the name of the 1st quartet my husband
                  and Hank Brandt competed in after they retired from Grandma's Boys,
                  along with George Peters and Gregg Peters.

                  - Helen Giallombardo

                  At 01:38 PM 4/19/2010, SlickerLeadQ wrote:

                  >A friend of mine use to say he always wanted to name a quartet....
                  >The Next Quartet of the Evening so the MC would say "And now ladies
                  >and gentlemen, the next quartet of the evening is..... The Next
                  >Quartet of the Evening."
                  >
                  >Harmony-us-ly, BobCaldwell @ email . com
                • Keith Mc
                  Message 8 of 21 , Apr 19, 2010
                    Helen Giallombardo wrote:
                    > That's right up there with.... "And now..... All the Way from Chicago!"

                    I always liked the quartet name, "A 30 Minute Intermission".

                    But, no matter how they'd introduce us ("Announcing, [...]", "And now, [...]",
                    or even "Next up, [...]"), we'd run onto stage to find an empty auditorium...

                    <wink>

                    - Keith Mc.
                    --
                    "If all the world is a stage, then when is the Intermission?"
                  • SlickerLeadQ
                    Message 9 of 21 , Apr 20, 2010
                      Ladies and gentlemen, after our next quartet A 30 Minute Intermission there will be a 15 minute intermission.

                      Bb

                      --- In bbshop@yahoogroups.com, Keith Mc <acti@...> wrote:

                      > > SlickerLeadQ wrote:
                      > > > [My friend] always wanted to name a quartet.... "The Next Quartet of the Evening"
                      > Helen Giallombardo wrote:
                      > > That's right up there with.... "And now..... All the Way from Chicago!"
                      >
                      > I always liked the quartet name, "A 30 Minute Intermission".
                    • Marty Israel
                      Message 10 of 21 , Apr 20, 2010
                        Hi Netters!

                        I sang in a quartet with Roger Payne for one contest, to give a couple of guys in the chorus the experience of singing in a quartet contest.

                        Our name - ATQ

                        It stood for.................any guesses?

                        A Trick Question.

                        Only Roger.......................................!

                        Canto ergo sum

                        Marty Israel

                        To: bbshop@yahoogroups.com
                        From: GSBMedalMusic@...
                        Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 16:15:23 -0500

                        Minor correction - "All the Way from Chicago"
                        competed in the ILL Spring Dist. contest a couple of months *before*
                        Grandma's Boys official retirement at the 1985 International convention
                        and before I met Jay for the first time at a Chicago area bbshop party
                        in mid July (and the rest to that story is history, as they say ;-).

                        Too bad ... because I didn't attend that Illinois
                        Dist. event or I would have heard
                        ATWFC do a lovely rendition of "I Need a Loan Because I Loved You"
                        with a punchline/tag of "Now I just shop ..... K-Mart (shop K-Mart)!"

                        - Helen G.

                        >That's right up there with....
                        >"And now..... All the Way from Chicago!"
                        >which was the name of the 1st quartet my husband
                        >and Hank Brandt competed in after they retired from Grandma's Boys,
                        >along with George Peters and Gregg Peters.
                        >
                        >- Helen Giallombardo
                        >
                        >At 01:38 PM 4/19/2010, SlickerLeadQ wrote:
                        > >

                        > >A friend of mine use to say he always wanted to name a quartet....
                        > >The Next Quartet of the Evening so the MC would say "And now ladies
                        > >and gentlemen, the next quartet of the evening is..... The Next
                        > >Quartet of the Evening."
                        > >
                        > >Harmony-us-ly, BobCaldwell @ email . com

                      • Jim Adams
                        Message 11 of 21 , Apr 20, 2010
                          I sang in a one hit wonder for contest after my previous quartet had broken up. It included folks from PA and NC. We got together for one weekend of rehearsal before contest (came in mic tester). Our name was PANiC.

                          Jim Adams
                          PS I seem to have a penchant for P names. Pyramid, PANiC and Prism....

                          From: GSBMedalMusic@...
                          Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 16:15:23 -0500

                          Message 12 of 21 , Apr 20, 2010
                            Our name - ATQ
                            - - - - - -
                            My guess:

                            "After this, Quit!"

                            Dick Johnson
                            Great Falls, MT

                          • Jeanie "Joaner" Garrett
                            Message 13 of 21 , Apr 20, 2010
                              --- In bbshop@yahoogroups.com, Marty Israel <firmbari@...> wrote:

                              "Our name - ATQ

                              It stood for.................any guesses?

                              A Trick Question.

                              A TENOR's QUIRKINESS! (Joaner ;-)