Yamaha Recall

  • Joe Johnson
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 3, 2010
      THE YAMAHA RECALL

      Yamaha has recalled 20,000 pianos due to a problem with the pedal
      sticking, causing pianists to play faster than they normally would, resulting in
      a dangerous number of accidentals. The sticky pedal also makes it harder for
      pianists to come to a full stop at the end of a piece making it extremely risky
      for audiences.

      JOE JOHNSON

      House of Joseph Music
      www.bbsmusic.com
      House of Joseph Easels
      www.houseofjosepheasels.com

    • shrrms
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 4, 2010
        Fortunately, this latest recall hasn't contributed to any known deafs.

        --- In bbshop@yahoogroups.com, Joe Johnson <bbshopmusic@...> wrote:

        > THE YAMAHA RECALL
        >
        > Yamaha has recalled 20,000 pianos due to a problem with the pedal
        > sticking, causing pianists to play faster than they normally would, resulting in
        > a dangerous number of accidentals. The sticky pedal also makes it harder for
        > pianists to come to a full stop at the end of a piece making it extremely risky
        > for audiences.
        >
        > JOE JOHNSON
        >
        > House of Joseph Music
        > www.bbsmusic.com
        > House of Joseph Easels
        > www.houseofjosepheasels.com

      • Paul Girard
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 4, 2010
          Also resulted in a lot of crescendos.

          And their guitars have been involved in a lot of Fender benders.

          Paul

          On Mar 4, 2010, at 12:20 AM, bbshop@yahoogroups.com wrote:

          > Yamaha Recall
          > Posted by: "Joe Johnson" bbshopmusic@... bbshopmusic
          > Wed Mar 3, 2010 8:10 pm (PST)
          >
          > THE YAMAHA RECALL
          >
          > Yamaha has recalled 20,000 pianos due to a problem with the pedal
          > sticking, causing pianists to play faster than they normally would,
          > resulting in
          > a dangerous number of accidentals. The sticky pedal also makes it
          > harder for
          > pianists to come to a full stop at the end of a piece making it
          > extremely risky
          > for audiences.
          >
          > JOE JOHNSON
          >
          > House of Joseph Music
          > www.bbsmusic.com
          > House of Joseph Easels
          > www.houseofjosepheasels.com

        • Dick Johnson
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 4, 2010
            And their guitars have been involved in a lot of Fender benders.

            - - -- - - - - -- - -

            Hey - that was good! But let's have "Les, Paul!"

            Dick Johnson
            Great Falls, MT

            And their guitars have been involved in a lot of Fender benders.

            Paul

            On Mar 4, 2010, at 12:20 AM, bbshop@yahoogroups.com wrote:

            > Yamaha Recall
            > Posted by: "Joe Johnson" bbshopmusic@... bbshopmusic
            > Wed Mar 3, 2010 8:10 pm (PST)
            >
            > THE YAMAHA RECALL
            >
            > Yamaha has recalled 20,000 pianos due to a problem with the pedal
            > sticking, causing pianists to play faster than they normally would,
            > resulting in
            > a dangerous number of accidentals. The sticky pedal also makes it
            > harder for
            > pianists to come to a full stop at the end of a piece making it
            > extremely risky
            > for audiences.
            >
            > JOE JOHNSON
            >
            > House of Joseph Music
            > www.bbsmusic.com
            > House of Joseph Easels
            > www.houseofjosepheasels.com

          • David Updegraff
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 4, 2010
              Joe:

              Now THAT's funny! I think I'll include it in next month's bulletin!

              David

              David R. Updegraff

              Editor and Publisher, "The VOICE of eXperience"

              Tucson Sunshine Chapter

              Tucson Barbershop Experience

              Barbershop Harmony Society

              davidru@...