RE: [bbshop] Barbershop in Olympic closing ceremony?

  • Alan St.Louis
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 1, 2010
      Hear it again at The 8:40 mark!

      http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%253A%252F%252Fwww.nbcolympics.com%252Fvideo%252Fassetid%253Ddcd4a4ee-e223-4a54-a31e-734025a54ffa.html%253F__source%253Drss&h=9fe6ff4c1f9110642e4cb7c3b5b3ede8&ref=nf

      To: john@...; bbshop@yahoogroups.com; Russborn@...; sassyky2005@...
      From: LKahuna@...
      Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2010 20:21:00 -0500
      Subject: Re: [bbshop] Barbershop in Olympic closing ceremony?

      I also heard that good old Barbershop Sound. It was a chorus of young men and women doing the Maple Leaf Forever.

      Scott Salladin
      Poughkeepsie Newyorkers

      From: Russborn@... <Russborn@...>
      To: john@..., bbshop@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Monday, March 1, 2010, 10:18 AM

      John, I heard it too! My wife thought it almost sounded like a chorus, or
      at least more than four voices. I immediately thought of Realtime as
      well. I even thought I heard in the wording a reference to "Barbershop" but
      could have been hearing things.

      Russ Born
      Public Relations Chairman
      Minneapolis Commodores

      In a message dated 3/1/2010 8:15:23 A.M. Mountain Standard Time,
      john@mallett. ca writes:

      Hey all,

      I noticed a distinctly barbershoppy- I noticed a distinctly
      barbershoppy- <WBR>
      Maple Leaf Forever" production number during the Winter Olympics closing
      ceremonies last night. Anyone know if that was a Society quartet?
      Realtime, perhaps?

      John Mallett

      Proud Canadian :-)

    • Tom Campbell
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 1, 2010
        Does anyone know where to find that song?

      • Dave Duncan
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 1, 2010
          Alan,

          Thanks for the link it was fun to watch and hear as I missed the original.
          I wonder how many non Canadians knew the song that starts at 4:20 (when the
          hockey players skate in) is the theme music for Hockey Night in Canada and
          has been for... well, forever.

          DD

            I have tried for days and cannot get that video to play. I'm on a Windows XP if that makes any difference.

            Dave

            --- In bbshop@yahoogroups.com, Alan St.Louis <alanstlouis@...> wrote:

            > Hear it again at The 8:40 mark!
            >

            > http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%253A%252F%252Fwww.nbcolympics.com%252Fvideo%252Fassetid%253Ddcd4a4ee-e223-4a54-a31e-734025a54ffa.html%253F__source%253Drss&h=9fe6ff4c1f9110642e4cb7c3b5b3ede8&ref=nf
            >

            > To: john@...; bbshop@yahoogroups.com; Russborn@...; sassyky2005@...
            > From: LKahuna@...
            > Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2010 20:21:00 -0500
            > Subject: Re: [bbshop] Barbershop in Olympic closing ceremony?
            >

            > I also heard that good old Barbershop Sound. It was a chorus of young men and women doing the Maple Leaf Forever.
            >
            > Scott Salladin
            > Poughkeepsie Newyorkers

          • Alexander Boltenko
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 4, 2010
              Can we please hear fro Realtime? I guess they were not there otherwise
              they would have chimed in

              Alexander Boltenko
              On the road with iPhone
              Call 269-501-7464