Re: [bbshop] Barbershop in Olympic closing ceremony?

  • Russborn@aol.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 1 7:18 AM
      John, I heard it too! My wife thought it almost sounded like a chorus, or
      at least more than four voices. I immediately thought of Realtime as
      well. I even thought I heard in the wording a reference to "Barbershop" but
      could have been hearing things.

      Russ Born
      Public Relations Chairman
      Minneapolis Commodores

      In a message dated 3/1/2010 8:15:23 A.M. Mountain Standard Time,
      john@... writes:

      Hey all,

      I noticed a distinctly barbershoppy-I noticed a distinctly
      barbershoppy-<WBR>
      Maple Leaf Forever" production number during the Winter Olympics closing
      ceremonies last night. Anyone know if that was a Society quartet?
      Realtime, perhaps?

      John Mallett

      Proud Canadian :-)

    • Sharon Simpson
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 1 4:27 PM
        I heard it too, but don't know who it was.  :)

        Sharon
        sassyky2005@...

        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 1 5:21 PM
          I also heard that good old Barbershop Sound. It was a chorus of young men and women doing the Maple Leaf Forever.

          Scott Salladin
          Poughkeepsie Newyorkers

          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 1 5:24 PM
            Hear it again at The 8:40 mark!

            http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%253A%252F%252Fwww.nbcolympics.com%252Fvideo%252Fassetid%253Ddcd4a4ee-e223-4a54-a31e-734025a54ffa.html%253F__source%253Drss&h=9fe6ff4c1f9110642e4cb7c3b5b3ede8&ref=nf

            To: john@...; bbshop@yahoogroups.com; Russborn@...; sassyky2005@...
            From: LKahuna@...
            Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2010 20:21:00 -0500

            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 1 6:19 PM
              Does anyone know where to find that song?

            • Dave Duncan
              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 1 11:13 PM
                Alan,

                Thanks for the link it was fun to watch and hear as I missed the original.
                I wonder how many non Canadians knew the song that starts at 4:20 (when the
                hockey players skate in) is the theme music for Hockey Night in Canada and
                has been for... well, forever.

                DD

                  I have tried for days and cannot get that video to play. I'm on a Windows XP if that makes any difference.

                  Dave

                  --- In bbshop@yahoogroups.com, Alan St.Louis <alanstlouis@...> wrote:

                  > Hear it again at The 8:40 mark!
                  >

                  > http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%253A%252F%252Fwww.nbcolympics.com%252Fvideo%252Fassetid%253Ddcd4a4ee-e223-4a54-a31e-734025a54ffa.html%253F__source%253Drss&h=9fe6ff4c1f9110642e4cb7c3b5b3ede8&ref=nf
                  >

                  > To: john@...; bbshop@yahoogroups.com; Russborn@...; sassyky2005@...
                  > From: LKahuna@...
                  > Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2010 20:21:00 -0500
                  > Subject: Re: [bbshop] Barbershop in Olympic closing ceremony?
                  >

                  > I also heard that good old Barbershop Sound. It was a chorus of young men and women doing the Maple Leaf Forever.
                  >
                  > Scott Salladin
                  > Poughkeepsie Newyorkers

                • Alexander Boltenko
                  Message 8 of 9 , Mar 4 9:38 AM
                    Can we please hear fro Realtime? I guess they were not there otherwise
                    they would have chimed in

                    Alexander Boltenko
                    On the road with iPhone
                    Call 269-501-7464