Barbershop in Olympic closing ceremony?

  • John Mallett
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 1, 2010
      Hey all,

      I noticed a distinctly barbershoppy-sounding few measures in the big "The
      Maple Leaf Forever" production number during the Winter Olympics closing
      ceremonies last night. Anyone know if that was a Society quartet?
      Realtime, perhaps?

      John Mallett

      Proud Canadian :-)
    • Russborn@aol.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 1, 2010
        John, I heard it too! My wife thought it almost sounded like a chorus, or
        at least more than four voices. I immediately thought of Realtime as
        well. I even thought I heard in the wording a reference to "Barbershop" but
        could have been hearing things.

        Russ Born
        Public Relations Chairman
        Minneapolis Commodores

        In a message dated 3/1/2010 8:15:23 A.M. Mountain Standard Time,
        john@... writes:

        Hey all,

        I noticed a distinctly barbershoppy-I noticed a distinctly
        barbershoppy-<WBR>
        Maple Leaf Forever" production number during the Winter Olympics closing
        ceremonies last night. Anyone know if that was a Society quartet?
        Realtime, perhaps?

        John Mallett

        Proud Canadian :-)

      • Sharon Simpson
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 1, 2010
          I heard it too, but don't know who it was.  :)

          Sharon
          sassyky2005@...

          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 1, 2010
            I also heard that good old Barbershop Sound. It was a chorus of young men and women doing the Maple Leaf Forever.

            Scott Salladin
            Poughkeepsie Newyorkers

            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 1, 2010
              Hear it again at The 8:40 mark!

              http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%253A%252F%252Fwww.nbcolympics.com%252Fvideo%252Fassetid%253Ddcd4a4ee-e223-4a54-a31e-734025a54ffa.html%253F__source%253Drss&h=9fe6ff4c1f9110642e4cb7c3b5b3ede8&ref=nf

              To: john@...; bbshop@yahoogroups.com; Russborn@...; sassyky2005@...
              From: LKahuna@...
              Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2010 20:21:00 -0500

              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 1, 2010
                Does anyone know where to find that song?

              • Dave Duncan
                Message 7 of 9 , Mar 1, 2010
                  Alan,

                  Thanks for the link it was fun to watch and hear as I missed the original.
                  I wonder how many non Canadians knew the song that starts at 4:20 (when the
                  hockey players skate in) is the theme music for Hockey Night in Canada and
                  has been for... well, forever.

                  DD

                    I have tried for days and cannot get that video to play. I'm on a Windows XP if that makes any difference.

                    Dave

                    --- In bbshop@yahoogroups.com, Alan St.Louis <alanstlouis@...> wrote:

                    > Hear it again at The 8:40 mark!
                    >

                    > http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%253A%252F%252Fwww.nbcolympics.com%252Fvideo%252Fassetid%253Ddcd4a4ee-e223-4a54-a31e-734025a54ffa.html%253F__source%253Drss&h=9fe6ff4c1f9110642e4cb7c3b5b3ede8&ref=nf
                    >

                    > To: john@...; bbshop@yahoogroups.com; Russborn@...; sassyky2005@...
                    > From: LKahuna@...
                    > Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2010 20:21:00 -0500
                    > Subject: Re: [bbshop] Barbershop in Olympic closing ceremony?
                    >

                    > I also heard that good old Barbershop Sound. It was a chorus of young men and women doing the Maple Leaf Forever.
                    >
                    > Scott Salladin
                    > Poughkeepsie Newyorkers

                  • Alexander Boltenko
                    Message 9 of 9 , Mar 4, 2010
                      Can we please hear fro Realtime? I guess they were not there otherwise
                      they would have chimed in

                      Alexander Boltenko
                      On the road with iPhone
                      Call 269-501-7464