Off Topic: need Youth Choir venue & bbshop quartet on East Coast

  • chickenita1
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 25, 2010
      The 75-voice Northside UMC Youth Choir is seeking churches, schools, or community venues (parks, community centers) along the East Coast who would be willing to host us for a concert sometime in the week of June 12-20, 2010. (Our Sunday morning slots are already occupied.) We are tentatively looking at a line from Philadelphia to Boston, then back down the East Coast through Virginia, ending in Columbia TN on June 19th and back to Atlanta on Sunday.

      The Northside Youth Choir has toured throughout the United States every year since 1987, presenting an uplifting, Broadway-style program of music and drama, complete with live band, props, and theatrical lighting and sound design, that brings the message of God's love to life in a real and powerful way.

      A typical schedule would be to arrive at the venue mid-afternoon, set up, rehearse, eat supper, perform at 7-7:30, tear down, and depart for our hotel. We ask that the venue provide supper, if possible.

      One of the primary goals of Choir Tour is building relationships with Christ and each other. To that end, we have a couple of "free nights" and are looking for a GOOD quartet or VLQ that would be willing to come and entertain the choir. (Our director is an old gospel quartet singer and LOVES barbershop!) A comedy or youth quartet would be great, but any kind of upbeat entertainment would be considered. A small stipend would be offered.

      If you can be of help or need more info, please contact me as soon as possible.

      Sincerely,

      Anita Norman, Marietta GA
      (404) 583-0800
      anitan@...