Re:Youth Enrichment Program---Pt. 4 1/2.6---Major announcement #1

  • David Updegraff
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 3, 2010
      Jack,

      As you know, the Tucson Chapter has a very active Youth in Harmony Program,
      with an annual Fall Festival that attracts around 250 young men and women to
      sing barbershop for a day-long workshop. We have clinicians for the young
      men and for the young women, and quartets to demonstrate and help in the
      teaching. We have also had an in-school program for several years, but that
      has become dormant because of staffing issues with the program. We would
      like to re-energize that part of the program at some point as well.

      I am sending this to Ron Hayes as well, our Vice President for YIH, and he
      may wish to be in touch with you.

      By the way, congrats on getting Jennifer involved; she's a real go-getter!

      David

      David's Signature

      David R. Updegraff

      Editor and Publisher, "The VOICE of eXperience"

      Tucson Sunshine Chapter

      Tucson Barbershop Experience

      Barbershop Harmony Society

      davidru@...

      (520) 780-4273

    • Paul Girard
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 3, 2010
        John,
        The solution is to, as quickly as possible and as slowly as necessary,
        drop other commitments, and join the bandwagon of Youth In Harmony.
        That's what I did, and it's very rewarding. You'll find there are
        other people who can pick up the ball in your other bailiwicks.
        Paul