Sunshine District Fall Convention 2009 update

  • Christopher Baker
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 30, 2009
      There's always something going on in the Sunshine!

      The Fall Convention for the Sunshine District Fall Convention starts
      Friday at the Omni Hotel in Jacksonville, Florida.

      Online Registration for our Fall Convention is now closed. All
      registrations will need to be completed at the Omni Hotel
      registration suite on the first floor.

      Convention registration will be $50 at the Convention.

      ALL competitors must have a full convention registration in order to
      take the stage with your quartet or chorus. There are no exceptions
      to this requirement.

      Competitors who come to the stage without a convention registration
      will be turned away at the stage door. Don't let this happen to you.

      Please do not confuse the different registration requirements. You
      need a Convention registration to get into the events. You need a
      Hotel reservation to have a room at the Convention. You need a
      Competitor registration to compete onstage [along with your
      Convention registration].

      HERE ARE A COUPLE NOTES:

      The Quartet and Chorus competition Loop schedules have been UPDATED
      and posted to the District web site.

      The Chorus Contest will start at NOON and not at 11 a.m. for this
      convention cycle. Please make a note of that.

      The House Of Delegates meeting packet is now available on the
      District web site at the bottom of the Conventions page:

      http://sunshinedistrict.org/conventions

      where you will also find Convention registration, Contest Photo Order
      forms, and other useful information. [For those of you receiving this
      message as a direct email, the HOD packet is attached. It will not
      appear in Yahoo group messages.]

      If you have any questions, please let me know. Please pass this
      information to all your members. We want EVERYONE to get the word.

      See you there!

      Thanks.

      p.s. I also need a quartet to sing for a television spot with a local
      network station as early on Friday as possible. Please contact me
      directly if your quartet is going to be around early on Friday.

      KTWWS!
      Christopher

      Director, Marketing & P.R.
      Sunshine District
      Barbershop Harmony Society

      Certified Standing Ovation Program Reviewer

      Member, Barbershop Harmony Society
      Marketing & P.R. Committee

      Join us where Marketing Matters:

      FUN-290-3452

      Sunshine District Association of Chapters of the Barbershop Harmony
      Society is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization

      http://www.sunshinedistrict.org

      Have you been to the Sunshine District MegaStore?

      http://www.cafepress.com/sunshinebbs

      Yahoo ID: cbaker84
      ICQ #7176473